Covington named second team

ibleedpurpleandgold

Garret Covington named second team.
http://www.goleathernecks.com/news/2016 ... -team.aspx
Lynx

Honorable Mention at best is all Covington deserved. He plays no defense, and he show boats to much for my liking. All of these problems are correctable and Covington has the potential do be much better. The lack discipline on this team is a coaching issue.

If we can't get Nick Severs to play football, lets get him to play basketball. Severs equals championships!
huskie

Lynx wrote:Honorable Mention at best is all Covington deserved. He plays no defense, and he show boats to much for my liking. All of these problems are correctable and Covington has the potential do be much better. The lack discipline on this team is a coaching issue.

If we can't get Nick Severs to play football, lets get him to play basketball. Severs equals championships!
Enough Severs, he's done!
W1U

Lynx wrote:Honorable Mention at best is all Covington deserved. He plays no defense, and he show boats to much for my liking. All of these problems are correctable and Covington has the potential do be much better. The lack discipline on this team is a coaching issue.

This is a joke, right? Covington is by far and away the best player on this team. And saying he showboats too much? Really?
vatusay

I wonder if this is what his "LOL" tweet was about.

No one on this team deserved first team honors. I'd say lucky to get second team.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ibleedpurpleandgold

W1U wrote:

This is a joke, right? Covington is by far and away the best player on this team. And saying he showboats too much? Really?
i don't know about that there were many times when the team played better when he wasn't on the court.
sealhall74

ibleedpurpleandgold wrote:
W1U wrote:

i don't know about that there were many times when the team played better when he wasn't on the court.
We need a few players to step up their game so much that it is not so obvious that Covington is our best player. He has peaked out unless he can pack less of the load in carrying the team.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2013

What lack of discipline from a coaching issue might you be referring to? Have you ever thought about this group of players just aren't very good! None of them are skilled enough to create their own shot or take over a game. All of them would be the 6th-10th player off the bench for any other team in the Summit! I do believe that Brandon and Delo are going to be great players, and I have heard good things about the two recruits coming next year but the veteran players are just not good or skilled! Furthermore, would have have an issue with Garret not playing defense if they had won more games?