New Seating/Confguration Western Hall?

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote:Yeah i really like the black i wonder if they could have gone with gold but i like the black.
I think the gold might have ended up looking too much like the old "mustard" seats that they just took out. They were probably wanting to get away from that look. Personally, I think purple and black look really good together on something like that. Purple and white are fine for things like uniforms, but I think the white would look dirty pretty quickly. Black hides that well.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Color is ok with me. But I have a question. Assuming the black seats are on the same rows as the purple ones, how the hell do you come up with more leg room for them unless you are sacrificing some back and butt room?
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

Not a fan of the color.

I get the whole "prestigious" feel they are trying to convey. Hopefully they can fill at least half of them.

All in all it is worlds better than the mustard seats.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote:Assuming the black seats are on the same rows as the purple ones, how the hell do you come up with more leg room for them unless you are sacrificing some back and butt room?
The previous seating sections had 10 rows of seats. There are only 9 rows with these new seats. That will allow for more leg-room between the rows.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote:
sealhall74 wrote:Assuming the black seats are on the same rows as the purple ones, how the hell do you come up with more leg room for them unless you are sacrificing some back and butt room?
The previous seating sections had 10 rows of seats. There are only 9 rows with these new seats. That will allow for more leg-room between the rows.
My bad. I interpreted the tweet to mean that the black seats offered more leg room. Theoretically, if the black seats have more padding, they would have less leg room than the purple seats.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

[tweet]753229316205543424[/tweet]
wiu712

Today's "McDonough County Voice" has a preview of the 2016-2017 Men's Basketball season:

Western looks to make moves this summer.
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... his-summer
Western_101

From what I can tell from the pictures the new seating is an improvement. Not probably what most of us had hoped for (actual lower bowl) but then again 1 Mil doesn't go as far as it used to. I certainly understand that all involved are doing the best with what funds were available.

I have not seen the seats in person. However, It makes sense that there would need to be an obvious distinction for getting and paying for a premium seat. The different color seats (black) along with the added comfort those seats provide achieve that. The premium seats could have been purple as well but, I feel people are simple (at least I am) and want to feel special. Adding an obvious visual element to the premium seats helps peoples egos and wallets feel satiated.

Gold = putrid :lol:
White = get dirty too quick

Kinda left with Black by default.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

A bit more of an "up close" view of the seats. I think they look pretty nice. The wood base with stairs and the metal railings look like they're very similar to the newer student and band area bleachers at the ends of the court.

[tweet]753625058808098817[/tweet]
WIU0812

Kind of looks like the black seats are padded and look at all that leg room! Seems like they would be comfortable which is great.