vs Monmouth College

wiu712

Women's BB will be playing at UW-Milwaukee on Sunday. Game time is 4PM. This game will be on ESPN3.

Six of the next seven games will be on the road. The Women will be returning to Milwaukee on December 2 to play Marquette.

Next home game will be November 19 vs Northern Illinois. That will be a 4:30 PM game and will be on ESPN3.
meganeck

I know WIU has trouble getting other D1 schools to come to Macomb to play and they are trying for a budget friendly road schedule, but I don't think this game did much for the team. This should have been one of their exhibition games.
sealhall74

meganeck wrote:This should have been one of their exhibition games.
I am pretty sure that is the way Monmouth looked at it - they did not even put on their schedule or maybe they did and decided the result did not look good there. I can see a little benefit to a game like this. JDs run and gun offense absolutely depends on getting smooth transitions from defense to offense and we pretty much beat them down the court on every possession from what I could tell (only watched the 1st half). So if you are a coach looking to get into a sort of flow or rhythm on offense, hoping it will carry over into the next game or two, it does not get much better than this.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

sealhall74 wrote:
meganeck wrote:This should have been one of their exhibition games.
I am pretty sure that is the way Monmouth looked at it - they did not even put on their schedule or maybe they did and decided the result did not look good there. I can see a little benefit to a game like this. JDs run and gun offense absolutely depends on getting smooth transitions from defense to offense and we pretty much beat them down the court on every possession from what I could tell (only watched the 1st half). So if you are a coach looking to get into a sort of flow or rhythm on offense, hoping it will carry over into the next game or two, it does not get much better than this.
Yes it was an exhibition game for Monmouth, doesn't count on their record