Omaha at Home Ahhh!

sealhall74

First game of the double dip with Omaha. These gals gave us trouble at their place. Took a big comeback to get the W. We need some smooth comfortable sailing to an easy victory today. I say that because we need the crowd to save some energy for the game to follow. Cant drain them emotionally in this one. That is my hope anyway. If our gals play their usual up-tempo game, hit some shots, grab some steals and rebounds, it wont be a problem.

4:30pm tip. ESPN3 feed.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I'll be there. Actually my first time seeing the new stands in person. I'll be playing with the band for the women's game to help me get ready for the alumni pep band event at the end of the month.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

This game will be the "Think Pink" promotion, which raises money for Linda's Fund at McDonough District Hospital.
sealhall74

Half-time. WIU up 36-29. Seems like some good energy in Western Hall tonight. Did Omaha bring a fan bus or just a caravan of cars?
sealhall74

80-63 is the final. Another nice win for the ladies.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2017 5:19 pm Half-time. WIU up 36-29. Seems like some good energy in Western Hall tonight. Did Omaha bring a fan bus or just a caravan of cars?
Fan bus, there was a small crowd of maybe 30 pretty energetic UNO fans just to the right of the pep band, behind the Mav's bench. I went to the game and took my daughter (and she hung out with me in the pep band while I played). It was a lot of fun, there was a pretty good crowd for a women's game too. Some of it might have been the men's game coming up afterwards, but even so, it was a pretty good time.

Got a little hairy at times when we'd go cold on our shots right when UNO started hitting a few, but JD would then call a well-timed TO and get them back on course. Heard on the radio on the way back that 18 wins is the most that any Gravina-led Western team has ever had, and we've still got essentially 3 more weeks of regular season left. I gotta say, the women play REALLY well together. There were some very impressive passes and plays that they pulled off that were both exciting and effective.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

Free chipotle and the fact that it was the pink tough game probably had a lot to do with it.
sealhall74

Damn, I see Chipotle is not in my Pickem Game reward list. I am going to have to fix that for next week.
wiu712

Western wins 80-63. Western is now 18-6 (8-3 in the Summit).

Taylor Higginbotham led the Western scoring with 23 points. Emily Clemens had 20. Morgan Blumer had 13.

Attendance at Western Hall = 1,041.
LeatherCy

First time to see the women tonight. They are fun to watch and play well together. They sure could use a post player but are playing well without one. The first 200 students attending got a free burrito from Chipotle. Towards the end of the women's game PA announced the burritos would not be given at the end of the game. At least 50 students got up and left!!