Western Hall overhaul?

Neckfansince71

So ST, you said this was your first time to attend a ball game in the newly renovated Western Hall! So, what did you think? ;) jc
vatusay

I also made my first trip to western hall this past weekend.

I must say, it looks like a D1 gym now. I was pleasantly surprised. The new purple seats pop and the black looks nice and "elegant".

A small touch I noticed that I really liked was the padding on the hoops is now black. Really ties it together.

The new openings in the bleachers on the south end give it that "big time" feel.

The only eye sore that I see left is the huge doors separating the arena and the concession area. I think just a new coat of paint would do wonders. I came away truly impressed.

I see western hall as being a plus in recruiting now instead of somewhat embarrassing. Tanney has done a great job with it.

The women are doing a nice job of playing it up in the new gym, just waiting on the men now.
#ALLIN #YOLO
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yup, I thought it looked great, and the game just "felt" like the crowd was more into it. I don't know how much of that was because of the new seating, but I think it helped. Considering what they had to work with and the financial and structural limitations, I think they did a great job with it.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

A little grey paint on the doors and walls should definitely do the trick. I think this is in the planning process! ;) jc