@ Mile High City U

sealhall74

Big game today in Denver. You could probably consider it to be a trap game as it would be easy to overlook the Pioneers with the Jacks coming to Macomb on Wednesday. I dont think JD will let that happen. Still wont be easy. There is always that high altitude thing to worry about. Might need to go a little deeper and earlier to the bench to avoid the fatigue factor. I have flown in to Denver numerous times and it never seemed to bother me too much. However, I once flew in to Colorado Springs (elevation 6K feet) and the moment I got off the plane, I noticed my breathing was a little heavier than normal. I did take the tram up Pikes Peak a couple days later and did not have breathing issues so maybe I adjusted. Everybody is different when it comes to dealing with altitude. People train for months to climb Mt Everest. Some think they are in great shape only to find out their body prevents them from falling asleep in that environment so they cant make the trek up the mountain. Kilimanjaro (19340 feet) is on my bucket list. I told myself once I lose the belly fat, go for it. Still working on the belly fat and it is slowly melting away just the like the ice caps on the top of Kilimanjaro. The success rate to get to top of Kilimanjaro is about 50%. Martina Navratilova tried it a few years back, and things did not go well for her:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/worldne ... njaro.html

2pm CT tip. Looks like it is College Sports Live or nothing to view it. I should be good to go for my $100/year subscription. Good luck to the ladies today.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

If you're in good shape, it's not really that bad, and if they're able to get out there a day early to adjust to it a bit and get in a workout at altitude, they should be ready. This isn't the first trip out there for most of the women, either.

I ran an 8+ mile road race at ~9k feet above sea level and two days later hiked to the top of a 12k mountain without having too much trouble, and I can promise that the women are in much better shape than I was then (or am now). Youth helps too.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

Western is currently tied for second, along with South Dakota, with a 9-3 record in the Summit League. South Dakota State is one game ahead at 10-2.

Denver is 3-8. Western beat Denver 87-62 in the earlier game played Jan 5 in Macomb.

This will be the last road game of the season. The last 3 games will all be at Western Hall: South Dakota State, IPFW, and South Dakota.
wiu712

Western is ahead at the half: 45-27.
sealhall74

Refs are calling this one very tight. In baseball, you no doubt have heard of the "neighborhood play" at second base. So too here, calling fouls just for being in the neighborhood.
sealhall74

Lot of shots coming up short now. I think we are feeling the altitude just a bit.
sealhall74

unbeliievable play in the Denver@NDSU game. Bison player tries to desperation save a ball going out of bounds along the sideline at Denver end and it goes in to the Denver bucket.
sealhall74

Jacks got beat by IUPUI today. A win Wednesday is looking even bigger now.
sealhall74

80-68 win. Bring on the Jacks. I could see close to 1.5 to 2K showing up for that one.
wiu712

Western wins 80-68!

Morgan Blumer led the Western scoring with 22 points. Emily Clemens had 16. Taylor Higginbotham had 14.

Next game will be a big one vs South Dakota State at Western Hall. Game time is 7PM. The game will be on ESPN3. The Promotional Calendar has this game listed as "Athletics Giveaway".