vs IPFW

wiu712

OldHare wrote: Wed Feb 22, 2017 9:00 amWIU WBB makes #24 in women's poll.
http://www.collegeinsider.com/womens-mi ... top-25.php
Western vs IPFW tonight.

South Dakota will be at IUPUI tonight.

Western and South Dakota are tied for first place with identical 11-3 records. Those two teams will conclude the regular season with a big game at Western Hall on Saturday.

Tonight's game is at 7PM and will be on ESPN3.

sealhall74

When a Mastodon shows up in Western Hall, there better be some heavy rockin' of the rafters.

[youtube][/youtube]
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

Call this a trap game, but every conference champion plays this type of game at some point during their season. Besides IPFW's record, South Dakota is also at IUPUI and a win for IUPUI means that no matter what , WIU has clinched a share of the regular season crown. Of course, at this point you are really trying to gain the highest seed possible! So having coached in games like the IPFW-WIU matchup, I am telling my players to forget what is going on in INDY, and play good, effective basketball against the Mastadons! Don't get impatient, don't try to blow them out, just play WIU basketball and the rest will take care of it's self! ;) jc
sealhall74

New Linux Ubuntu install running on an old laptop all ready to go for this one. Everything looks good. JD and crew: please dont make me reboot tonight.
sealhall74

A bit too close for comfort at the half. Leathernecks up 35-32.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Hmmm....2 1/2 left in the game, up 73-51.

Not going to say we got this, but....

75-51 now
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

We upped the ante on the defensive end in the 2nd half. Saturday should be a fun atmosphere.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

We shut them down after my last post...won the game 77-51.
South Dakota lost their game at IUPUI this evening as well, so that means we're currently 1 game ahead of them for 1st in the conference.

If we win Saturday, we win the conference title outright. If we lose, then things get interesting.
We'd be 12-4, as would South Dakota.
SDSU could also reach 12-4 with a win at home against Denver tomorrow night.
And, IUPUI could also reach 12-4 with a win at home against Fort Wayne on Saturday.

So, that'd be four teams at 12-4 in the conference. I'm not going to dig into conference tiebreaker situations right now, but things might get tricky.

Let's just beat South Dakota on Saturday and end any confusion.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
OldHare

IUPUI could get a boost with a Yote win. I look for a scorefest between Yotes and Leathernecks. IUPUI played good defense and rattled USD. This top 4 teams will make for a great SLT in the women's game. Leathernecks should assured one of top 2 seeds and play on Saturday. If they win, then of course they take the #1 seed and conference title alone.
wiu712

Western out-scored IPFW 24-6 in the fourth quarter to win the game 77-51.

Western is now 12-3 and in 1st place.

Three teams are tied for 2nd with 11-4 records: South Dakota, IUPUI, and South Dakota State.

Emily Clemens led the Western scoring with 25 points. Morgan Blumer had 18. Olivia Braun had 12.

IPFW had 16 turnovers which led to 28 Western points.

Attendance at Western Hall = 984.

The stage is now set for Saturday's big game with South Dakota. It will be "Senior Night". Game time is 4:30 PM. The game will be on ESPN3.