vs USD for all the marbles

leatherneckcountry

I was just on the summit league website looking at stats and if Clemens doesn't win player of the year then no one should she was ahead by a lot in a couple of the stats just look at the assist per game 7.1 per game the next highest is 3.8 and points 19.2 second 17 and she also led the league in a few other stats.
wiu712

Tournament Schedule:

Western Illinois vs Denver, Noon Saturday
IUPUI vs. North Dakota State, 2:30 Saturday
South Dakota vs. Omaha, Noon Sunday
South Dakota State vs. Oral Roberts, 2:30 Sunday
wiu712

OldHare wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:41 am wiu712; Is there any article today for the WBB Leatherneck win? Thanks.
The Macomb newspaper publishes on a Tuesday through Saturday schedule. So no paper on Sunday or Monday. Their write-up on the game will be in Tuesday's paper.

Here is the article about the game from the Western website:
Women's Basketball Defeats South Dakota, Claims Outright Regular Season Title.
Western Illinois captures its first outright league title since 2005-06 in front of a record attendance.

http://www.goleathernecks.com/news/2017 ... ath=wbball

Here is the article from the Sioux Falls newspaper:
Leatherneck women earn title with win over Coyotes.
http://www.argusleader.com/story/sports ... /98430266/

The student newspaper "Western Courier" prints on Monday-Wednesday-Friday. So their article should be in Monday's paper.
wiu712

OldHare wrote: Sun Feb 26, 2017 11:41 amwiu712; Is there any article today for the WBB Leatherneck win? Thanks.
REACHING THE SUMMIT.
From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... ing-summit

Here is the write-up of the game from today's Western Courier:
http://westerncourier.com/37812/sports/37812/
Coyote Fan

I just wanted to stop by to congratulate your team on a great season and a conference championship. Your team played the best game from a women's basketball opponent I have yet to see from any women's team at the new Coyote basketball arena. I was impressed with your crowd and how much they have bought into the Leathernecks. You had a very nice showing and loud fans to help your team get through the big home games against the Jacks and Coyotes. To be the best you have to beat the best and you did that on two occasions.

With that said I find it unjust that your team has to travel to South Dakota for a potential second round match up with the Coyotes and a finals match up with the Jacks. Money and fan interest only go so far as far as I am concerned and I believe in no way should your team have to travel to South Dakota because you earned the right to stay home or at least play in a tourney in the eastern part of the conference footprint. I will be cheering for the Coyotes obviously but if we are not to win it I hope the Leathernecks do.
leatherface

Thanks for the kind words. The women have really stepped up to the line this year. Yes, it has been discussed here before about year after year the tourney being in the Dakota's. I don't know why some of the early games can't be played in other parts of the conference to enhance overall interest in the tourney. But, that's life in the Summit League-aka " Dakota Conference". :roll:
Neckfansince71

Coyote fan! Thanks for your kind words. I think that holding the Summit League Tournament in the Dakotas does give you a bit of a home field advantage but no matter what, the game is played on the arena floor! Do me a favor, I have been to your board and read the comments made about our ESPN3 broadcasters compared to the Midco Sports announcers and I would agree, the Midco boys are better, but they should be. They are paid professionals with years of experience. Our broadcasters are upper level broadcasting students who as far as I am concerned, get better as they get more and more experience! It's really a perfect mix of college athletics and college education. Also, the entire broadcast production is handled by students from cameras to direction. Good luck to you and the Coyotes!. ;) jc
wiu712

Coyote Fan wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 12:12 amI find it unjust that your team has to travel to South Dakota for a potential second round match up with the Coyotes and a finals match up with the Jacks. Money and fan interest only go so far as far as I am concerned and I believe in no way should your team have to travel to South Dakota because you earned the right to stay home or at least play in a tourney in the eastern part of the conference footprint.
South Dakota State is 60 miles north of Sioux Falls. South Dakota is 63 miles south of Sioux Falls. That makes it much easier for their fans to get to the tournament games. Macomb is 500 miles away. That makes for an 8-hour car or bus trip.

For a few years back in the 90's, the conference did have the games at campus sites with the higher-seeded teams hosting. One of those games was played in Western Hall.

But you can't deny that the Sioux Falls area has supported the tournament very well since it moved there. Much larger crowds in Sioux Falls in comparison to former tournament sites in Moline, Fort Wayne, Kansas City, and Tulsa.
sealhall74

If the conference had a little smaller geographical footprint, I would rather see first round games played at campus sites on a Wednesday. Thursday is a travel day to Sioux Falls. Friday is a practice/media day. Semis and Finals in Sioux Falls on Saturday and Sunday. Sunday championship action would be over BEFORE 6pm so people could get back home that same day. But TV dollars speak loudly about when things happen so it will likely never happen.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Leatherneck women believing in each other.

From today's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... each-other