2017 NCAA Tournament

leatherneckcountry

Coach Gravina continues to impress me he made sure he went up to every who was there today and thanked them for coming out.
wiu712

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Mar 18, 2017 6:52 pm Coach Gravina continues to impress me he made sure he went up to every who was there today and thanked them for coming out.
I was there today. And you are correct!

One of the basketball student assistants told us that she thought that there would be a public reception and celebration for this season coming up soon. They wanted to wait until the students are back on campus after spring break.

I hope that Western Athletics also includes the Pep Band, Cheerleaders, Pom Squad, and Rocky in that celebration as they have all contributed to make this one season to remember.
wiu712

Magical season comes to an end in NCAA Tournament.

From the Western Courier:
http://westerncourier.com/37953/sports/ ... nt/Magical season comes to an end in NCAA Tournament
wiu712

Florida State won their second-round game Sunday night beating Missouri 77-55. Florida State moves on to the Sweet Sixteen.

Attendance at Florida State = 4,084.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

#3 Florida State beat #6 Mizzou by 22 points, one more than they beat Western by.
So, it really looks like we just ran into a buzzsaw that was "just that good".

They'll take on what appears to be a very defensive-minded Oregon State team (#2 seed) next Saturday in Stockton, CA.

The good news is that we're returning all but two players next year, and all but one of the regular starters. Seniors Jasmine Patrick and Mallory Boyle have finished their WIU playing careers, but Summit League Tournament MVP Emily Clemens, as well as starters Morgan Blumer, Taylor Higginbotham, and Olivia Braun will all be back next year. If we can work out a new contract with JD to keep him around for a while longer, then I think we've got a great shot at repeating as champs (at least as regular season conference champs) next year.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Mar 14, 2017 11:04 amAnyway, I've decided to use Instagram to document my perspective of the trip down and back. I've set up a specific page with my instagram feed embedded in it at the link above (The Road to the NCAA Tournament) or you can go and see/follow me directly at ST_Lawson on Instagram (there's not really much there now, just testing out IG with a photo of my office flag).
I removed the link and page for "The Road to the NCAA Tournament". The photos are still on my instagram account (linked above), but an easier way to view them is at a Google Photos album I set up for photos from the trip. It's all of my photos, btw, not just the ones I posted to instagram/facebook. If you're interested in looking through them, you can check them out here: https://goo.gl/photos/uL5Jdvko75z5aDNM7
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

Scott, thanks for sharing all the photos. I especially liked the video of JD playing cups with you guys that was very cool to see.
wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 3:12 pmA Google Photos album I set up for photos from the trip.
Great photos, Scott! Thanks for sharing!
wiu712

Women’s Basketball Summit League Championship Apparel Available Online!

Fans can purchase apparel memorabilia from the program’s Summit League championship season.

More info here:
http://www.goleathernecks.com/news/2017 ... ath=wbball
wiu712

Western reflects on run.

From today's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... cts-on-run