2017 NCAA Tournament

meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Mar 20, 2017 8:45 am #3 Florida State beat #6 Mizzou by 22 points, one more than they beat Western by.
So, it really looks like we just ran into a buzzsaw that was "just that good".

They'll take on what appears to be a very defensive-minded Oregon State team (#2 seed) next Saturday in Stockton, CA.

The good news is that we're returning all but two players next year, and all but one of the regular starters. Seniors Jasmine Patrick and Mallory Boyle have finished their WIU playing careers, but Summit League Tournament MVP Emily Clemens, as well as starters Morgan Blumer, Taylor Higginbotham, and Olivia Braun will all be back next year. If we can work out a new contract with JD to keep him around for a while longer, then I think we've got a great shot at repeating as champs (at least as regular season conference champs) next year.
JD did a radio interview and said he is working on a new contract with Matt. He said his name has been thrown around for some open jobs, but it would have to be a special situation for him to leave. He also said him and his family and the Minters would be happy also if they never left Macomb.
vatusay

That is great to hear, hopefully they all stick around and build a perineal power.
#ALLIN #YOLO
wiu712

Interview with Coach Gravina on WGEM Radio (1440 AM, Quincy):
http://www.wgem.com/story/34953817/2017 ... ion-at-wiu
wiu712

What A. Season!

Watch this behind-the-scenes video from Western's 1st appearance in the NCAA Tournament in over 20 years!

wiu712

The Women's Basketball team will be honored by the city on Monday for their advancement to the NCAA women's basketball tournament this year.

Mayor Mike Inman will present a proclamation recognizing the team to start off the city council's meeting.

Saw today in the Peoria paper that the NCAA flies a team to a tournament game if the trip is more than 350 miles. If the trip is less, than 350 miles, the NCAA provides 2 buses to get the team, band, cheerleaders, pom squad, and administrators to the game.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I think the closest likely location that we might have gone to was Ohio state or maybe Lexington KY. Both are further than 350 miles away, so it looks like we were flying no matter where we went.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Florida State beat Oregon State 66-53 tonight. They'll take on #1 seed South Carolina on Monday evening. Winner is in the Final Four.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Tere North

wiu712 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:23 am Saw today in the Peoria paper that the NCAA flies a team to a tournament game if the trip is more than 350 miles. If the trip is less, than 350 miles, the NCAA provides 2 buses to get the team, band, cheerleaders, pom squad, and administrators to the game.
So who were the administrators the joined the "team, band, cheerleaders, pom squad" on the charter flight Western took to Tallahassee?
wiu712

Tere North wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:58 pmSo who were the administrators the joined the "team, band, cheerleaders, pom squad" on the charter flight Western took to Tallahassee?
I was at the "Welcome Back" last Saturday. These were some of the people getting off of the bus:

President Jack Thomas
A.D. Matt Tanney
Asst. A.D. Patrick Osterman
Western Board of Trustees Chairman Cathy Early

I am sure that there were more. But those are the ones that I remember.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 10:06 pm
Tere North wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2017 9:58 pmSo who were the administrators the joined the "team, band, cheerleaders, pom squad" on the charter flight Western took to Tallahassee?
I was at the "Welcome Back" last Saturday. These were some of the people getting off of the bus:

President Jack Thomas
A.D. Matt Tanney
Asst. A.D. Patrick Osterman
Western Board of Trustees Chairman Cathy Early

I am sure that there were more. But those are the ones that I remember.
Also Darian Westerfield: http://goleathernecks.com/staff.aspx?staff=432
And I know that Michael Jones was at the game, but I can't remember if he was with us on the plane and stuff though: http://goleathernecks.com/staff.aspx?staff=110

I think that's about it though.