Another player incoming

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Annabel Graettinger, a transfer from South Dakota State to Western who's originally from Muscatine and knows Emily Clemons.
Her bio on SDSU's page from this last season says that she redshirted in 15-16 and was a R. Freshman this year: http://www.gojacks.com/roster.aspx?rp_i ... ath=wbball
Didn't play much this last season (but again...just her first actual playing year) but here's what she did do: #03 Annabel Graettinger
[tweet][/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
huskie

Will she get to play this year, or sit because she transferred? I'm actually surprised they let her transfer to a conference rival.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

huskie wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 8:53 pm Will she get to play this year, or sit because she transferred? I'm actually surprised they let her transfer to a conference rival.
Well, I think, considering she was a redshirt freshman last year that she'd have to sit out a year, but then I also saw somewhere else say something about a grad transfer. So, honestly, I don't really know at this point. I would probably lean towards sitting out a year, unless she somehow got her degree in...what...2 years? That'd be really damn impressive while also being on the basketball team.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Assuming her strength is at point guard, with Macy Miller coming back for two more years, she was not going to be seeing much playing time.
If you want to play ball and can find a D1 school to take you, especially one within a couple hours of home, you make the move. Take the year to learn JD's system, and then step right in for Emily at PG.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

sealhall74 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 7:54 am Take the year to learn JD's system, and then step right in for Emily at PG.
I think Little O (#13, Olivia Kaufman) will be the one filling Emily's shoes.
sealhall74

Tere North wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 4:05 pm
sealhall74 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 7:54 am Take the year to learn JD's system, and then step right in for Emily at PG.
You might be right. I dont have a lot of video of Annabelle to go on. I think she might be a "tweener" at 5'10 (PG, SG, or whatever). JD always seems to have a lot of interchangeable parts on offense.
sealhall74

sealhall74 wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 5:42 pm
Tere North wrote: Wed May 10, 2017 4:05 pm
You might be right. I dont have a lot of video of Annabel to go on. I think she might be a "tweener" at 5'10 (PG, SG, or whatever). JD always seems to have a lot of interchangeable parts on offense.
meganeck

huskie wrote: Tue May 09, 2017 8:53 pm Will she get to play this year, or sit because she transferred? I'm actually surprised they let her transfer to a conference rival.
I assume she will have to sit out a year, then have 2 yrs to play at WIU
meganeck

Former Volleyball player Krishna Merriman is now on the basketball team.
Tere North

meganeck wrote: Thu Jul 20, 2017 5:46 pm Former Volleyball player Krishna Merriman is now on the basketball team.
Is she the one that came on when volleyball finished its fall season and opted for basketball last year? I know there was a former volleyball player on the team in the first round NCAAs at Florida.