vs South Dakota State

sealhall74

When the 3s are not falling, we turn to dribble drive. Only problem with that is we don't finish very well. Instead of taking it all the way to bucket and shooting or dishing, maybe a little "stop and pop" from 12 feet is what we need. SDSU had a couple of gals that could do that. SDSU is good enough to earn an at large this year.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

So I have to say I've seen both SD schools and USD clearly the better of the 2 we need to figure out something with the second it basically has decided several games this year.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:44 pm Looks like a very nice crowd. Lets do this!
Yeah the bench side the one that they do not take tickets on was almost completely full.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:54 pmI saw a tweet picture. They flew in on a prop plane.
They had a Peoria Charter coach bus parked at Western Hall.

South Dakota State won the game 70-42.

Morgan Blumer led the Western scoring with 14 points.

Western shot 17% for the game and was 5 for 35 on three-point attempts.

Western was 13 for 16 on free throws which kept us in the game for a while.

Western was out-rebounded 64 to 30.

Attendance at Western Hall = 1,139: the eighth-largest in program history. But as previously mentioned, no one takes tickets on the south side of the floor. And since that side was essentially filled, it is safe to assume that the crowd was larger.

Very long lines at the concession stand today. The Baseball team runs the concessions. Their season has started, and they are on the road this weekend at Middle Tennessee State. The people left to run the stand were overwhelmed. They could have used some help to keep the line moving.

People were grumbling about the balcony not being open.
sealhall74

The Jacks did fly directly to Macomb from BROOKINGS. That is a big advantage for them when they go on the road. As for which of the two I would rather face first in Sioux Falls, I will go with USD for really no other reason than I think the Jack faithful will give us more support during the game against the Yotes than the other way around. To beat either one, we have to play loose as a goose on offense and mean as junkyard dog on defense and the boards. I will start working on the lyrics if someone else can come up with the tune. ;)

https://flightaware.com/live/airport/KBKX

wiu712

I think that Oakland may have also flown in directly to the Macomb airport.

Current Summit League Standings:

Conf / All
South Dakota 13-0 / 23-5
South Dakota State 11-1 / 22-5
Western Illinois 8-4 / 19-8
Denver 7-6 / 16-12
Oral Roberts 6-7 / 15-12
Omaha 2-10 / 11-14
North Dakota State 2-10 / 9-17
Fort Wayne 1-12 / 4-22
Tere North

sealhall74 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 9:02 am The Jacks did fly directly to Macomb from BROOKINGS. That is a big advantage for them when they go on the road. As for which of the two I would rather face first in Sioux Falls, I will go with USD for really no other reason than I think the Jack faithful will give us more support during the game against the Yotes than the other way around. To beat either one, we have to play loose as a goose on offense and mean as junkyard dog on defense and the boards. I will start working on the lyrics if someone else can come up with the tune. ;)
As long as we hold on to 3rd place, we won't have to play either in the first round. 3rd seed would start against the 6th seed and be in the half of the bracket to face the 2nd seed (presuming they beat the 7th) in the second round.
sealhall74

wiu712 wrote: Sun Feb 18, 2018 10:58 am I think that Oakland may have also flown in directly to the Macomb airport.

Current Summit League Standings:

Conf / All
South Dakota 13-0 / 23-5
South Dakota State 11-1 / 22-5
Western Illinois 8-4 / 19-8
Denver 7-6 / 16-12
Oral Roberts 6-7 / 15-12
Omaha 2-10 / 11-14
North Dakota State 2-10 / 9-17
Fort Wayne 1-12 / 4-22
Regardless of the final two games this week, I am pretty sure we are locked in to the #3 slot with the tiebreaker advantage over Denver.
Looks like we will playing either Omaha or NDSU in opening round of tournament and NDSU might be the favorite right now for grabbing that #6 slot (our opponent). Toss up as to which of them I would prefer but NDSU will have a bigger crowd if that makes a difference.