vs South Dakota State

wiu712

Senior Day: Saturday at 4:30 PM.

Support our 6⃣ seniors 😊

Lots of amazing prizes! 👀

First 500 students get Dippin' Dots!! 🍨🍦

Let's pack Western Hall vs South Dakota State! 💪
OldHare

I did not realize how much of the team was seniors. That is a bunch of production graduating.
Tere North

OldHare wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:41 pm I did not realize how much of the team was seniors. That is a bunch of production graduating.
Yep! #2 Emily Clemens, #3 Olivia Braun, #12 Morgan Bloomer, #14 Taylor Hanneman, #22 Michelle Farrow, #23 Krishna Merriman. That's 4 of 5 starters. I suspect, it's also nearly 80% of our scoring.

Let's hope the incoming players, including our current redshirt freshman and junior transfer, really put it together next year. Taylor Higgenbotham will be the only senior.
leatherneckcountry

OldHare wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 7:41 pm I did not realize how much of the team was seniors. That is a bunch of production graduating.
Yeah me and one of my good friends were talking about how it's the 1st time in a while that the guys will probably be better than the girls but as long as JD is the girls coach and Billy is the guys coach next year the girls will probably still be better.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 7:32 am
Yeah me and one of my good friends were talking about how it's the 1st time in a while that the guys will probably be better than the girls but as long as JD is the girls coach and Billy is the guys coach next year the girls will probably still be better.
Talented and coached well, but young. Probably looking at a decent but "up-and-down" season next year. They'll have some games where they are "on fire" and some games where nothing seems to go right. I know that's the case now too, but whereas now our "on fire" games we win by like 30 points and our "down" games we mostly win but it's close, next year will probably be more like winning by 10 or losing by 20. I think we'll probably be above .500, but maybe not by much.

That's assuming someone like Illinois or Mizzou doesn't come along and offer JD nearly a half-million $ to come coach for them.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

If there is one thing we have learned by watching both the men's and women's programs for the last few years, it is this: it only takes one big paint-hogging transfer athlete to turn your team from an also-ran into a contender.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

meganeck

Tere North wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 1:19 am
Yep! #2 Emily Clemens, #3 Olivia Braun, #12 Morgan Bloomer, #14 Taylor Hanneman, #22 Michelle Farrow, #23 Krishna Merriman. That's 4 of 5 starters. I suspect, it's also nearly 80% of our scoring.

Let's hope the incoming players, including our current redshirt freshman and junior transfer, really put it together next year. Taylor Higgenbotham will be the only senior.
I wonder if JD will try to get a grad transfer or some JUCO girls who might make an instant impact. He has done well will transfers coming in to help elevate the program but they would have to sit out next year. As things look now next year might be a struggle unless some of the current players really step up
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Feb 14, 2018 9:44 amIf there is one thing we have learned by watching both the men's and women's programs for the last few years, it is this: it only takes one big paint-hogging transfer athlete to turn your team from an also-ran into a contender.
The only time the girls have had a dominate post in recent years they didn't have a ton of success in fact they really turned it around once she left.
OldHare

Are there any guesses how many fans go to Western Hall today? I know the women numbers have been strong for attendance and this is the last regular home game for a group that have had much success over their 4 years. WIU 712 should have a guess for me since I know he watches this stat too. A nice winter Saturday afternoon in Macomb should be over 1000 for this senior group. Good luck....but not too much good luck today and the remainder of the season. ;)