vs South Dakota State

wiu712

South Dakota State won the game 93-84.

Elizabeth Lutz led the Western scoring with 28 points. Kyra Washington had 14. Grace Gilmore had 13. Olivia Kaufmann had 12. Annabel Graetinnger had 11.

Attendance at Western Hall = 389.

Next game will be vs Denver at Western Hall on Sunday. Game time is 2PM.

Leathernecks scrappy in loss to SDSU.
From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... ss-to-sdsu
Tere North

wiu712 wrote: Fri Dec 28, 2018 9:26 pm South Dakota State won the game 93-84.

Elizabeth Lutz led the Western scoring with 28 points. Kyra Washington had 14. Grace Gilmore had 13. Olivia Kaufmann had 12. Annabel Graetinnger had 11.

Attendance at Western Hall = 389.

Next game will be vs Denver at Western Hall on Sunday. Game time is 2PM.

Leathernecks scrappy in loss to SDSU.
From the McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/sports/20 ... ss-to-sdsu
We fought tough. Kept it under double digits in the end.

Now, if we could put some weight in the form of muscle back on Taylor (#24).
sealhall74

This was a great game to watch. Lots of ebb and flow from both teams. They just made a few more shots at key times than we did. Our zone D caused them problems. Also liked the way they mixed in different pressure defenses (full court, half court, ...) at various times during the game. The improvement over the last couple of weeks that JD talked about was very noticeable from my Barcalounger.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

I can't believe the change that has come over this basketball team in the a matter of a couple of weeks. The Leathernecks are very aggressive both defensively and offensively. I agree, I love the changing defenses full court and the amoeba defense at half court which allows them to collapse and two team the opponents when ever they can. Really creates an "element" of a lack of time as the possession progresses. Our barrage mentality offensively also speeds the game up and gives them the chance to score any way at any time. Who would not want to play in this system! Friday the ladies had the "angry dog attitude" not letting the opponents boot go at any time all night. Denver is going to have their hands full this afternoon. Just imagine what they could do with everyone healthy at this point! Gravina can just flat out coach! ;) jc