UMKC Grade School Game

sealhall74

The noise sort of reminds me of a lunch room environment. Any idea when they are going to put up the video boards?
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:The noise sort of reminds me of a lunch room environment. Any idea when they are going to put up the video boards?
I agree.

About the video boards, I'd imagine they'll probably do that in the next week or two. They were still up at the football field on Saturday, and I'd imagine that a lot of the employees who would be involved in moving and setting up the video boards in Western Hall are on vacation this week (I know my office is down to a skeleton crew right now), so probably they'll get working on it next week once most everyone is back at work.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU0812

If anyone was at the game or has chance you can go in and see if they are even able to do the video boards yet. They would of needed to install a lift attached to the rafters one on the east wall and one on the west wall. Basically from what I had heard one was going to be on the northwest side of the stadium and one on the southeast side of the stadium. If you can see where work has been done to add these attachments for the board then I would assume it will be going up soon. If they did not complete the work then there still will be no video board until someone is hired to complete the needed items, which will include that structural work along with all the wire feeds and electrical needed to power these boards.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I didn't notice any new construction or work done anywhere. Double-checked the panoramic photo I took and didn't see anything there either. Maybe it will be later in the season before we see them up there. I wonder if they'll put them off until after the semester is over...do the work over winter break?
WIU0812

Ya there does not appear to be anything there right now. They did not accept the initial bid which was an alternate that could have been included with the football scoreboard. I am not sure when they will do this, but it is silly to wait even if it makes them go a bit over budget, they have the super expensive board and just are missing the brackets to connect them though this probably is upwards of 100,000 due to all the wiring and items that need to be done along with the connections and winches to raise and lower board. I am not an electrician though so I am not sure what the cost truly is that is merely a guesstimate as it is a large amount of effort to run all the items necessary.
sealhall74

I figured it would all would work wireless. my bad.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Western won the game 71-48 in front of a record crowd! Attendance was 1,443.

http://www.goleathernecks.com/images/20 ... 53_063.jpg
wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote:Attendance was 1,443 and probably 1000-1200 were grade school students. ~600 from the local public schools, ~100 from St. Paul Catholic school, and a couple hundred each from some of the other schools in the county.
The PA announcer said that Hamilton and Abingdon-Avon ("A-Town") also had a large group at the game.

Story of the game from WGEM Sports:
http://www.wgem.com/story/27483895/2014 ... stern-hall
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yea, they each filled most of a full section. They were sitting just to the left of where I was (we were right behind the table).
basfan445

I hope they keep doing this for the women's games. Its a great way for the young kids to have a field trip day of sorts and also to cheer on the local team. It's also nice to have fans in the stands even if not much money is made from the game. The womens team is looking good this year. Hope they keep it up!