Broadcaster Danny Frey

wiu712

For the third consecutive year, Western has received more nominations for the 2015 Students of Illinois News Broadcasters Association (SINBA) Awards than any other college in Illinois.

Broadcasting faculty were recently notified that WIU has received 10 nominations for the awards, which will be presented April 22-24 at the 2016 convention in Springfield.

2015 SINBA Award Finalists from WIU include:

• Outstanding Radio Sports Play-By-Play: Danny Frey, a sophomore broadcasting major from Springfield, IL.

Danny Frey has been the radio announcer for Women's Basketball for the past two seasons. He is currently doing the radio broadcasts of Softball on WIUS-FM.
necknerd

Great to hear Danny get get recognition. I sit next to him when I work the 30 second clock at women's games and am impressed not only by his knowledge and voice but his ability to be a one-man show. Congrats to Danny.
wiu712

Congrats to Danny Frey for winning a first place award at the Students in Illinois News Broadcasters Association (SINBA) award ceremonies that were held in Springfield over the past weekend.

Outstanding Radio Sports Play By Play - Danny Frey, a sophomore broadcasting major from Springfield (IL).

Western brought back 10 awards. Western had more finalists in the competition than any other state school.

The entire awards list is shown below:
http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php ... e_id=13597
wiu712

WIU's 'Pigskin Preview' Nominated for National Award.
http://www.wiu.edu/news/newsrelease.php ... e_id=13690
necknerd

Really glad to hear that Danny Frey and Sean Ingrassia are recognized for the talents. It always amazes me how great our students are. As a faculty member in Sport Management, I can truly say they leave me in the dust!