Forum update

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Doing a bit more updating, and trying to bring back some of the features that the old site had a while back...some of the extra pages...info, etc.

I've set up a quick calendar to give everyone easy access to the upcoming Leatherneck Sports events. You can access that here: http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/ ... s-calendar
or through the link in the title bar "Leatherneck Athletics Calendar".

I'm working on some other pages that we can put in as well...things like a social media/message board directory for the various schools in the conferences for example. If there's something you think you'd like to see, let me know and I'll see what I can do to make it happen.

Also, Seal, when you get a chance, I can try out that embedded Google Docs thing. I was able to embed that calendar from Google Calendar pretty easily, so I think yours should be a similar setup. If we can route it through a "Leatherneck Nation-branded" page, we can make it look a bit nicer and have it make a few extra cents for the site too.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Feb 28, 2017 10:24 pm Doing a bit more updating, and trying to bring back some of the features that the old site had a while back...some of the extra pages...info, etc.

I've set up a quick calendar to give everyone easy access to the upcoming Leatherneck Sports events. You can access that here: http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/ ... s-calendar
or through the link in the title bar "Leatherneck Athletics Calendar".

I'm working on some other pages that we can put in as well...things like a social media/message board directory for the various schools in the conferences for example. If there's something you think you'd like to see, let me know and I'll see what I can do to make it happen.

Also, Seal, when you get a chance, I can try out that embedded Google Docs thing. I was able to embed that calendar from Google Calendar pretty easily, so I think yours should be a similar setup. If we can route it through a "Leatherneck Nation-branded" page, we can make it look a bit nicer and have it make a few extra cents for the site too.
What do I need to do? FYI, I am already thinking about the next generation of the pickem app. Considering going to a Node.js environment with a true database (mysql, sqlite, mongodb, ...) as the datastore. The Google spreadsheet might still be a good presentation only layer though.
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2017 12:01 pm What do I need to do? FYI, I am already thinking about the next generation of the pickem app. Considering going to a Node.js environment with a true database (mysql, sqlite, mongodb, ...) as the datastore. The Google spreadsheet might still be a good presentation only layer though.
Actually, I think I was already able to parse out the embed code for it. I haven't actually tested out going through the pick-em yet though.
You should be able to view it here: http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/ ... 7655c502e6
The front page embeds just fine, but when you click through and it gets into the app, it pops open a new window to do that, which I don't really have any control over.

I can't say I know much about Node.js, but I do have some experience with mysql and php, as well as some interface design work. Don't know if it would be any help, but I'll do my best.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

For those that may not have noticed, I made a few more additions.

The Athletics calendar was renamed to just "Calendar" and is accessible through the link in the title bar or directly at http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/calendar

Also, I set up a "Team Links" page that has links for all the MVFC and Summit League teams....their athletics websites, facebook pages, twitter pages, as well as their fan message boards if I could find one (or in Denver's case, a blog that was as close as I could find to a forum). That's also in the title bar or at http://www.leathernecknation.net/forum/links
sealhall74

Not sure if it is related to latest updates, but I can't get the login/logout menu anymore. The menu in upper right corner wont expose for me but it does flicker every now and then when I click on it. Is anyone else having this issue? I guess I am permanently logged on for now.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:16 am Not sure if it is related to latest updates, but I can't get the login/logout menu anymore. The menu in upper right corner wont expose for me but it does flicker every now and then when I click on it. Is anyone else having this issue? I guess I am permanently logged on for now.
Hmmm...yea, I see what you mean. I rarely ever log out, so I didn't notice it until you mentioned it. I'll see what I can do.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2017 5:16 am Not sure if it is related to latest updates, but I can't get the login/logout menu anymore. The menu in upper right corner wont expose for me but it does flicker every now and then when I click on it. Is anyone else having this issue? I guess I am permanently logged on for now.
Seal, I got the drop down working (at least...looks like it's working for me). Any other "drop down-type" menus that were not working are also working (like down at the bottom of the page).

I think I've got the style and everything working fine again, so I'll get back to working on the additions.
sealhall74

very good. I can report that it is also working on Ubuntu (Linux) Chromium at 30K feet. BTW, Coach N and a couple of his staff are on this flight. :)
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just FYI, if you tried to access the site within the last half hour or so, you probably saw that it was having problems. I was trying to update a plugin and accidentally deleted the wrong files. I think everything is fixed now, so keep calm and carry on.
sealhall74

Scott, any thoughts on how to implement the Pigskin Pickem game for this season? I am starting the setup for it. Nothing new from previous season other than I have now moved all of the code to a standalone Web App Project instead of having the code buried inside one of the Spreadsheets. Should be transparent to you and the users.

Here is the Google Sheet for it:

Embeddable Iframe

<iframe src=">