How is Dunkin Donuts coming along?

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
leatherneckcountry

Well as all the business are coming Hardees Closed with no warning.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 1:30 pm Well as all the business are coming Hardees Closed with no warning.
That was kinda a surprise...although you almost never saw anyone there eating.

Also relevant...

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Neckfansince71

The Hardee's CEO is blaming the closings of a number of his stores on the minimum wage increase. It would seem to me that the less profitable Hardees are being shut down to make up for this increase. If no-one was eating there it is not surprising that it is being closed. ;) jc
sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:31 pm The Hardee's CEO is blaming the closings of a number of his stores on the minimum wage increase. It would seem to me that the less profitable Hardees are being shut down to make up for this increase. If no-one was eating there it is not surprising that it is being closed. ;) jc
Maybe "Harold" passed away.

http://www.wtad.com/removing-the-grumbe ... arold.html

Back in my day, Hardees was the late night burger stop in the Union.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Older Western alumni will remember Sandy's being on the current Hardees site. Hardees took over the Sandy's chain in the 70's.

Sandy's was the idea of 4 business men from Kewanee in 1956.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

sealhall74 wrote:
Neckfansince71 wrote: Mon Nov 13, 2017 3:31 pm The Hardee's CEO is blaming the closings of a number of his stores on the minimum wage increase. It would seem to me that the less profitable Hardees are being shut down to make up for this increase. If no-one was eating there it is not surprising that it is being closed. ;) jc
Maybe "Harold" passed away.

http://www.wtad.com/removing-the-grumbe ... arold.html

Back in my day, Hardees was the late night burger stop in the Union.
Harold passed away maybe 10 years ago, I think. His daughter used to babysit me when I was little and I'm friends with her on facebook.

The Harold began when Harold would stop by before a day of working in the fields and wanted a big hearty breakfast. He asked them to put all that together and the icon was born.

Apparently he was always amused when he heard about college kids going in to order The Harold even years after he retired.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Yea, there was rarely ever anyone there, especially inside (from what I could see driving past). And not often was there anyone going through the drive-through.

I'd have to imagine that the tv ads probably turned off a large portion of their potential market too.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

DD/BR Status Update - they were pouring the rest of the concrete for the parking lot area yesterday and today. The inside looks nearly done in terms of construction and stuff. Probably need to set up a few more things inside, get some employees in and trained and they'll be about ready to go. I wouldn't be surprised to see them open sometime the week after Thanksgiving.
wiu712

Looks like the new Dunkin' Donuts & Baskin-Robbins will open on Wednesday, November 29. Suppose to be a 24-hour facility.
‘Signs’ of good things to come.
From today's McDonough County Voice:
http://www.mcdonoughvoice.com/news/2017 ... gs-to-come
sealhall74

I see they have started to roll out delivery to your door in some parts of the country. Now there is a marketing avenue if I have ever seen one. Half-time donut delivery and handout to a few lucky fans. How about a dozen box give away for each 3pt bucket?
Embrace the pace of the race.