Game Highlight Audio Clips

Forum info, updates, discussion. If you have a request for something you want to see on the forum, feel free to bring it up here.
sealhall74

I was looking at the Saluki fan board. Their football announcer has a little "Beau Spencer" in him and takes the time to put together a nice sound cloud highlight/coach's comments clip for each game. That is a very nice touch for the fan base. I think this week, I will try to record the WRMS feed and do something similar. I don't want to spend hours and hours on this every week, but if it can be done in an hour or so, I don't mind. It could bring a few people to this site as I am not aware of something like it showing up anywhere else (let me know if it is out there somewhere - IDEALLY IT SHOULD BE ON OUR SIDEARM SITE [HINT, HINT]). Of course, even better than me doing it (HINT, HINT) would be if we could get some students in the broadcasting department to put one together each week. Also let me know if you think I would be violating any copyright laws by doing this kind of thing.
Embrace the pace of the race.
sealhall74

During the SIU game, I experimented a bit with capturing both the audio feed from WRMS and the video feed from Southern's All-Access site. Unfortunately, I was using some "trial" software and I was a bit clumsy with it and had used up all of my "trial" period by the end of first quarter. I still have access to that SIU game video so I will try to put together a short reel of some game-changing moments in the next day or so. I did watch the game again yesterday and it is amazing how much more you learn about the game when your emotions are removed from the experience.

Also, this week I added a new game to Pigskin Pick'em. I call it "Crazy 8s Survivor". You get 8 teams to play and 8 weeks to play them as long as you survive. But you have to jump in this week to play that one.
Embrace the pace of the race.