vs Miami (OH), vs American, vs Milwaukee

leatherneckcountry

Great to see Johnson get a lot of minutes tonight in front of a pretty good crowd the scorer's table side was at least 70% full and of course no one was taking tickets on that side.
Neckfansince71

Really tough game to coach for the last 7-8 minutes. Milwaukee in full court press, WIU got a bit careless which is to be expected, WIU misses some shots, Milwaukee hits some shots and the clock seems to slow completely down. I think WIU is getting better with each game. Not sure what is going on big man wise, but Gavin looks very muscular but a bit tentative. Now we have shooters, and rebounders, and seems like some good depth except at the 5 spot. Hughes Gavin, Gavin Hughes. Come guys step up and make a difference. ;) jc
wiu712

Western beat UW-Milwaukee 90-69. Western is now 7-2 on the season.

Kobe Webster led the Western scoring with 21 points. Brandon Gilbeck had 17. Jeremiah Usiosefe had 16. Dalan Ancrum had 13. Isaac Johnson had 11.

Western was 16 for 26 (61.5%) on three-point attempts.

Western's largest lead was 35 points.

Hy-Vee was serving BIG donuts. They were good!

Attendance at Western Hall = 663. But as mentioned above, no one is checking tickets or counting students that sit on the south side of the floor.
leatherneckcountry

Yeah I'm going to email Tanney sometime this week and ask why I'm buying a ticket if no one is taking the tickets.
Bill Holstein

Neckfansince71 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:13 pm Really tough game to coach for the last 7-8 minutes. Milwaukee in full court press, WIU got a bit careless which is to be expected, WIU misses some shots, Milwaukee hits some shots and the clock seems to slow completely down. I think WIU is getting better with each game. Not sure what is going on big man wise, but Gavin looks very muscular but a bit tentative. Now we have shooters, and rebounders, and seems like some good depth except at the 5 spot. Hughes Gavin, Gavin Hughes. Come guys step up and make a difference. ;) jc
I agree, I really like Charles. He's a hard worker. And it doesn't matter if he's tentative. His role is to set screens and rebound, offensively. He doesn't have to do anything else.
Bill Holstein

wiu712 wrote: Sat Dec 09, 2017 9:45 pm Western beat UW-Milwaukee 90-69. Western is now 7-2 on the season.

Kobe Webster led the Western scoring with 21 points. Brandon Gilbeck had 17. Jeremiah Usiosefe had 16. Dalan Ancrum had 13. Isaac Johnson had 11.

Western was 16 for 26 (61.5%) on three-point attempts.

Western's largest lead was 35 points.

Hy-Vee was serving BIG donuts. They were good!

Attendance at Western Hall = 663. But as mentioned above, no one is checking tickets or counting students that sit on the south side of the floor.
I've noticed this. Western hall is really not set up well for division 1 athletics. Reminds me more of a highschool gym. It's not secure security wise and there is too many doors for people to enter the building. If anyone wants to get in for free, all they have to do is enter the side door by the parking lot. If this were a proper athletics complex we would limit the entrance to only the front doors and require people to pay immediately as they walk in. We would also have that side door locked or at least guarded by security, this would allow the athletes easy entry. Just my thoughts.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Bill Holstein wrote: I've noticed this. Western hall is really not set up well for division 1 athletics. Reminds me more of a highschool gym. It's not secure security wise and there is too many doors for people to enter the building. If anyone wants to get in for free, all they have to do is enter the side door by the parking lot. If this were a proper athletics complex we would limit the entrance to only the front doors and require people to pay immediately as they walk in. We would also have that side door locked or at least guarded by security, this would allow the athletes easy entry. Just my thoughts.
Agreed. They used to have someone at the side door letting players, band members, and other authorized personnel in, but making sure everyone else went in through the front. Not sure why they don't do that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:54 am
Bill Holstein wrote: I've noticed this. Western hall is really not set up well for division 1 athletics. Reminds me more of a highschool gym. It's not secure security wise and there is too many doors for people to enter the building. If anyone wants to get in for free, all they have to do is enter the side door by the parking lot. If this were a proper athletics complex we would limit the entrance to only the front doors and require people to pay immediately as they walk in. We would also have that side door locked or at least guarded by security, this would allow the athletes easy entry. Just my thoughts.
Agreed. They used to have someone at the side door letting players, band members, and other authorized personnel in, but making sure everyone else went in through the front. Not sure why they don't do that now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
What I hate most about that side door is that the constant opening and closing of it gets the hot dogs and popcorn cold. Gotta have good hot eats with good basketball and it looks like we should have some good basketball this year for both teams. On that subject of good eats, I just might have to make a trip or two back to the area to get some of them Hy-Vee donuts. Dunkin got some competition going on. Competition in the deep fat fryer is always a good thing. So is competition for PT on the court.

http://www.kwqc.com/content/misc/New-fr ... 91503.html
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Bill Holstein wrote: Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:23 amIf Western Hall were a proper athletics complex, we would limit the entrance to only the front doors and require people to pay immediately as they walk in. We would also have that side door locked or at least guarded by security.
There used to be a ticket-taker right there at that east door that goes out into the parking lot. Probably should put someone there if that door will continue to be used for the general public. At last night's game, there was a block of wood to prop it open.

People coming to Western Hall for the first time often get confused and think that the Rec Center is the gym. The Rec Center has an entrance on the east side that is lit up at night. So it is easy to see why people think that is where they need to go.

There are 5 doors into Western Hall: three sets of doors on the north that go into the front lobby, the east side door that goes out to the parking lot, and a south side door. Perhaps moving the ticket-takers to those doors would be a good idea.

At the very least, there should be ticket-takers on the south side of the floor.
Last edited by wiu712 on Sun Dec 10, 2017 12:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
leatherneckcountry

Yeah last night that door was locked but someone put a block in it you would think with budget cuts that they would try to get every penny possible when i worked the gates there was someone at every door include the door by the smaller parking lot.