Brett Taylor

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I follow twitter fairly closely. Not all the players, but a decent number of them. I haven't really seen much talk from the current/future players about the coaching change. As mentioned, football alumni (both older and more recent) have mostly been congratulating him and stuff.

We don't really know what Fisher might have said to his players in the locker room, but it seems like there is much less criticism from players on twitter this time around as opposed to last time.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU02

There were a few other current/graduating seniors who "liked" Brandon's tweet as well, insinuating they agree with his sentiment. With that said, if the team felt extreme resentment over Fisher's departure, you would think he and Brett would've agreed it would be best he not join him in Frisco. I think it's a natural emotion for players to be upset with such a short tenure following a successful season. I know I would be at that age. As you get older, you can understand/respect a professionals desire to, in their opinion, further their career.
rocki

WIU02 wrote: Sat Jan 06, 2018 2:46 pm There were a few other current/graduating seniors who "liked" Brandon's tweet as well, insinuating they agree with his sentiment. With that said, if the team felt extreme resentment over Fisher's departure, you would think he and Brett would've agreed it would be best he not join him in Frisco. I think it's a natural emotion for players to be upset with such a short tenure following a successful season. I know I would be at that age. As you get older, you can understand/respect a professionals desire to, in their opinion, further their career.
Oh, absolutely. It's just after the previous coach leaving fiasco, I really cringe when I see the word "lie" bandied around. Gives me a sick feeling.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

[tweet][/tweet]
rocki

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Feb 07, 2018 11:14 am [tweet][/tweet]
I couldn't believe the no invites, either. This young man did everything he could to keep improving, and it showed in his stats. Definitely wishing him the best in his future - hope his NFL dreams come true for him.
leatherneckcountry

The only thing that I can thinks is that people may think he's to small to play LB and not quick enough for safety.
wiu712

Brett Taylor: 2018 Draft Prospect Interview.
http://www.thegridironcrew.com/brett-ta ... interview/
Western_101

Brett Taylor will play in the NFL

This Buchanan award business is just misappropriated votes that leaves some person feeling good for one day.

Brett was the best Defensive player in the best conference of FCS D-I football hands down.

So I don't know how player's value rises and fall. Whatever team drafts him is getting a solid player, that brings it every day. I look at Brett and he is still a few years from his prime. He willl be fun to watch on Sundays.
Western_101

Jason Williams was Dallas' #1 pick, he plays linebacker and is listed at 6' 1" and 235-245Lbs

Man, I finally found that Jason Williams pic, now I don't know how to host it on here, I used to use photobucket.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote: Tue Feb 13, 2018 1:01 am Jason Williams was Dallas' #1 pick, he plays linebacker and is listed at 6' 1" and 235-245Lbs

Man, I finally found that Jason Williams pic, now I don't know how to host it on here, I used to use photobucket.
If you know the address of it, you can paste that in with the

Code: Select all

[IMG]image address[/IMG]
tags around it.
If it's not on the internet currently, I'd recommend using imgur to host it.