HC Jared Elliott

sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:07 am
sealhall74 wrote:Maybe "Macomb Grown" has some really deep roots. Based on his MS pursuit, I would say he wants to stay in sports.
It's very possible he could get into coaching eventually, but I think he's planning on giving the NFL a shot first.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No doubt, but he will know within the next 6 months if that is a viable option. That leaves time to jump on board for next year if it does not.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

As much as I hate to say it I think we need to try and hire at least one coaches with Chicago area ties it's not an area that we have really excelled at in recruiting.
wiu712

sealhall74 wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 6:57 amMaybe "Macomb Grown" has some really deep roots. Based on his MS pursuit, I would say he wants to stay in sports.
This 30-second television commercial featuring #44 Brett Taylor was played several times during Sunday's NFL Wild Card games:
GV Dad

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:35 am As much as I hate to say it I think we need to try and hire at least one coaches with Chicago area ties it's not an area that we have really excelled at in recruiting.
Coach Elliott did a great job recruiting the Kansas City area. Hopefully someone can fill that void. 2018 was a great year for this area, but even in a normal year there 8-12 kids that go lower level D1 from here. With Tristan, TJ, and Hunter, hopefully we can keep growing that number heading to Macomb.
leatherneckcountry

GV Dad wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 9:09 am
leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Jan 08, 2018 7:35 am As much as I hate to say it I think we need to try and hire at least one coaches with Chicago area ties it's not an area that we have really excelled at in recruiting.
Coach Elliott did a great job recruiting the Kansas City area. Hopefully someone can fill that void. 2018 was a great year for this area, but even in a normal year there 8-12 kids that go lower level D1 from here. With Tristan, TJ, and Hunter, hopefully we can keep growing that number heading to Macomb.
No doubt NDSU usually has a couple of impact players from the KC area.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

I'm not real familiar with the recruiting process. Is it usually just the assistant coaches that go out and do the recruiting, and then the HC stops by for a visit later on? Or what? I'm just wondering if Elliott can still be the KC area guy, or if stepping up to HC means that he's going to have to step aside and delegate those duties to someone else?

Either way, KC is a great area to recruit in. Large city, lots of good football in the area, not too far of a drive, plus is real close when we play at Missouri State. Probably fairly easy to fly from KC to a lot of places as well to get to away games. It also seems to be somewhat under-recruited among many of the FBS schools...so there's often some good talent there that might get overlooked.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

Yes, it seems to be the Asst Coaches out in the areas recruiting. For my son, Coach Elliott was at his school twice last spring, and then several times after the season. Coach Fisher had most of his contact with T by phone or twitter DM. He was at his school twice after the season. I could see Coach Elliott going with a new Coach in the Spring evaluation period to introduce him to the High School coaches. But I can't imagine him having the time to dedicate to one area like he did with KC.
meganeck

i think mainly it is the assistant coaches that go out recruiting and I assume each assistant is assigned a certain area or State/s. Then the head coach usually is the one that tries to finalizes things or meets recruits when they make campus visits.
GV Dad

Coach Malone (sp?), is no longer listed on the roster page for Coaches? Did I miss that? Is he no longer with the team?
vatusay

I haven't seen or heard anything.

I don't know where Elliot is going to go for experienced replacements with his limited connections.

IMO it is kind of worrisome to see the more experienced on the staff leaving.
#ALLIN #YOLO