at South Dakota, at Oral Roberts

wiu2017

Well, we wanted offensive rebounds, ... we got em, but from ORU not WIU lol.. ORU is good!.. That coach knows what he is doing. I predict they end up top three in Summit league,
Offensively we gotta get Ancrum the ball where he can get going. Kobe is great but he can be contained. If you get Ancrum going , it will get Kobe room to operate..
But if we give up so many offensive rebounds and turnovers,, we have no chance. Those things can be fixed, with coaching and adjustments. So we are still ok..But, If we lose to Omaha at home, we are in trouble.
Hope coach goes with the traditional line up, 4 guard offense only in some situations.
Neckfansince71

I would sure like to see us distend the base line portion of the zone next time. You got to go side to side, make them move and not get too deep in the wings unless you are going to take a shot from there. ;) jc
meganeck

wiu2017 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:59 am Well, we wanted offensive rebounds, ... we got em, but from ORU not WIU lol.. ORU is good!.. That coach knows what he is doing. I predict they end up top three in Summit league,
Offensively we gotta get Ancrum the ball where he can get going. Kobe is great but he can be contained. If you get Ancrum going , it will get Kobe room to operate..
But if we give up so many offensive rebounds and turnovers,, we have no chance. Those things can be fixed, with coaching and adjustments. So we are still ok..But, If we lose to Omaha at home, we are in trouble.
Hope coach goes with the traditional line up, 4 guard offense only in some situations.
Yeah, i think ORU is a top 3 or 4 team in conference, but still thought this was a game they could win. Hopefully they can have another good homestand.
wiu2017

We can beat all Summit league teams, if we don't beat ourselves with turnovers and not keeping teams off the boards.. I think the Omaha game will be like IUPUI game. we should bounce back and beat them easy.. Keep hope alive! Lol
Bill Holstein

wiu2017 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:59 am
The key to all of this is to make sure that they have a good inside out presence. If you ever noticed, once they get the big involved is when the guards thrive. That is how you get guards the open shots. You feed Gavin and Gilbeck to get them going, the team will succeed and the guards will find their shots.
sealhall74

Bill Holstein wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2018 8:40 am
wiu2017 wrote: Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:59 am
The key to all of this is to make sure that they have a good inside out presence. If you ever noticed, once they get the big involved is when the guards thrive. That is how you get guards the open shots. You feed Gavin and Gilbeck to get them going, the team will succeed and the guards will find their shots.
Yea, I wish they had a stat for "balls in the paint". I kept track of it myself for one game last year, and you are 100% right. If the ball gets into the paint (either dribble drive or pass into a big), our scoring rate soars. I would track it again tonight if it was going to be streamed but no such luck. Maybe someone in attendance can come through in the clutch for us.
Embrace the pace of the race.
vatusay

Same poop different toilet.

Get gilbeck the ball down low. It’s not hard.

Like a broken record.

Gilbeck stay out of foul trouble.

Inside out offense.

Every game is frustrating. Every year.
#ALLIN #YOLO