HC Jared Elliott

GV Dad

vatusay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:17 pm I haven't seen or heard anything.

I don't know where Elliot is going to go for experienced replacements with his limited connections.

IMO it is kind of worrisome to see the more experienced on the staff leaving.
Can't say I disagree. I'm a little more worried that they are recruiting with 5 Coaches instead of 9. We have a great class so far, but we need to top it off by Feb. Coach Elliott has a TON on his plate right now.
Leatherneck57

GV Dad wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 1:21 pm Coach Malone (sp?), is no longer listed on the roster page for Coaches? Did I miss that? Is he no longer with the team?
Coach Malone was a finalist for the Tennessee Tech HC position but his best friend ended up getting it. Coach Malone is moving Home to Tennessee to be the OC at Tennessee Tech.

Trust me...all is good with what Coach Elliott will be putting in place. Be Patient! We’re in good hands people Coach Elliott has more connections than you think. When it’s all said and done our entire staff will be very solid and you will be pleased! They just got back from the coaches convention on Wednesday and Coach Elliott has great options and a good plan in place for adding the coaches he needs.

LN57
Leatherneck57

GV Dad wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:43 pm
vatusay wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2018 2:17 pm I haven't seen or heard anything.

I don't know where Elliot is going to go for experienced replacements with his limited connections.

IMO it is kind of worrisome to see the more experienced on the staff leaving.
Can't say I disagree. I'm a little more worried that they are recruiting with 5 Coaches instead of 9. We have a great class so far, but we need to top it off by Feb. Coach Elliott has a TON on his plate right now.
We have a lot of recruits coming in starting next weekend for 3 consecutive weekends. We have 1/2 the glass already signed and many more offers out there to complete the 2018 class. Here’s just a few recent offers that the coaches are HOT on. All is good in Leatherneck Land!

1. Tamatoa Neher OL JUCO
2. Reid Harrison-Ducros CB transfer from Boise St
3. Elijah Elkerton OL HS
4. Charlie Gilroy TE HS
5. Ryan Lesch Safety JUCO
6. BJ Ojo LB JUCO
7. Beau Morris OL JUCO
8. Vincent Perry WR JUCO
9. Nick D’Ambra LB HS
10. Brandan Hall DE JUCO
11. Dayman Murray Safety JUCO
12. Bryce Beckman Safety JUCO
GV Dad

Not saying Coach Elliott can't or won't get everything done, just saying he has a TON to do. Learn a new role, fill out a new staff and finish off a recruiting class. He has my full support and confidence, just saying his DVR is probably filling up and he's prob not getting much sleep. :-)
wiu712

Meet the New Boss: A Conversation with Jared Elliott.

From tonight's KHQA-TV-7 Sports:
http://khqa.com/sports/content/meet-the ... ed-elliott

Chris Duerr mentions in the video that Coach Elliott was the backup QB to Ben Roethlisberger (Pittsburgh Steelers) when he was at Miami (Ohio).
leatherneckcountry

Has anyone heard if there close to hiring any new coaches.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:29 pm Has anyone heard if there close to hiring any new coaches.
Should be some info coming very soon. The hiring process at Western can sometimes take a while, especially compared to other schools. They gotta make sure all the i's are dotted and t's are crossed before they publicly announce anything.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Has anyone asked Jared the logical first question yet: Are you going to call your own plays? FYI, 5 of the top 10 teams in the NFL have the HC call the offensive plays, one of them being the Eagles Doug Pederson (how about that call at the end of the 1st half).
Embrace the pace of the race.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Here's the official release on coaching changes: http://goleathernecks.com/news/2018/3/1 ... dates.aspx

Ty Howle -> Assistant HC, O-Line, Co-Offensive Coordinator
David Rocco -> Co-Offensive Coordiantor, QBs Coach
JP Boudreaux -> TE's coach, Recruiting Coordinator

New guys:
Josh Zidenberg - DBs
John Haneline - D-Line
Mike Brown - WRs

Also Radmen Niven - Grad Assistant for Video Operations & Player Personnel
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just FYI, we have a RB coach now. Can't find his full bio yet, but...
Coach Pat Shepard, coached TEs and WRs at FCS Robert Morris from 2011-early 2017, then was Offensive Quality Control at FBS Wyoming (under former NDSU Coach Craig Bohl). He played TE at Miami (OH) in the mid-2000's alongside Coach Elliott.

[twit]1coachshep[/twit]