2018 Roster Updates

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Saw on twitter this morning that Jr. forward Jalen Morgan is leaving the program.
Morgan played in 27 games this season, averaging 11.8 minutes, 3.2 points, and 2.2 rebounds per game.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:20 am Saw on twitter this morning that Jr. forward Jalen Morgan is leaving the program.
Morgan played in 27 games this season, averaging 11.8 minutes, 3.2 points, and 2.2 rebounds per game.
Wow what a big loss where we going to find someone to get owned on the defensive end and to turn the ball over every other possession.
wiu2013

:lol:
leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:28 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:20 am Saw on twitter this morning that Jr. forward Jalen Morgan is leaving the program.
Wow what a big loss where we going to find someone to get owned on the defensive end and to turn the ball over every other possession.
I was thinking the same thing. If I recall he had to sit out a year because of a knee injury. I think he graduates in May, so is he leaving the program or slightly being encouraged to leave the program?
meganeck

wiu2013 wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 9:36 am :lol:
leatherneckcountry wrote: Tue Mar 20, 2018 8:28 am
I was thinking the same thing. If I recall he had to sit out a year because of a knee injury. I think he graduates in May, so is he leaving the program or slightly being encouraged to leave the program?
What I saw is he will be a grad transfer, so yes he apparently will graduate in May. This past year he had some good games and played a lot of minutes and other games he hardly played, especially at the end of the year. So I don't know if he got frustated with that or yeah if it was suggested he leave.

I just hope they don't get another JUCO guy and he comes in and doesn't contribute
loyalfan

Please use the scholly on an impact player...someone who has the skills and muscle to come in and play right away...there has to still be some out there under the radar.
sealhall74

I hope we have a coach or two in both Danville, IL and Hutchinson, KS right about now. BTW, our Otero JC pipeline was in Hutchinson this year (they lost in first round). Maybe they have another missing "Link" (Adam) for us. ;)
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

Just read on USD board that Chuck Gavin is transferring
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 am Just read on USD board that Chuck Gavin is transferring
That's what I'm seeing on verbalcommits.com as well: http://verbalcommits.com/players/charles-gavin
Last season, Gavin played in 18 games, averaged 10.1 minutes, 2.2 points, and 1.8 rebounds per game.
http://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?r ... ath=mbball
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 9:15 am
leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 am Just read on USD board that Chuck Gavin is transferring
That's what I'm seeing on verbalcommits.com as well: http://verbalcommits.com/players/charles-gavin
Last season, Gavin played in 18 games, averaged 10.1 minutes, 2.2 points, and 1.8 rebounds per game.
http://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?r ... ath=mbball
Kansas used only seven players yesterday in the OT win against Duke. That means they have about 6 players who have to be content with just being good (actually pretty darn good) practice players. If you really love the game, that is a hard role to accept for some. Probably easier for KU players than WIU players. Interestingly, Billy showcased him with 28 minutes at Denver in front of family and friends. Maybe after that he is thinking, "Well geez coach, if I was good enough for 28 minutes there, why not elsewhere?"
Embrace the pace of the race.
Necks2003

Maybe with a few extra scholarships to hand out we can find another Terrell Parks coming out of the JUCO ranks that can step in an be an immediate impact!

Losing 2 Sr's that were likely slotted to be rotational players at best, shouldn't have any real impact for next year's squad. Bringing in some new faces to create some more competition for playing time hopefully works to make everyone better.