2018 Roster Updates

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

If the two really hot kids coming in next year are as good as advertised, I don't think we'll really miss them. Maybe they saw the writing on the wall with Kobe and the other young guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Ben Pyle is the 2018 edition of Kansas' Mr. Basketball, a nice honor. Of course, his brother Drew garnered that same recognition a couple of years back and he is now playing at D2 Washburn in Kansas and not exactly lighting things up there. Ben an immediate impact player? Maybe on the offensive end of court. Not sure about the other end. I am still waiting on a successor to WIU's own Mr. Basketball (Joe Dykstra). Maybe Ben is the one. At least we can hope.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

leatherneckcountry wrote: Mon Mar 26, 2018 7:47 am Just read on USD board that Chuck Gavin is transferring
Gavin transfered to Chadron State College
letsgonecks

Roster is updated, but no Delo or incoming freshman Shamar Dillard.

Delo is still listed in the student directory, but nothing for Dillard and he's not referencing anything on his twitter about WIU. Has some twitter pics from July 25th and the background could have been the streets of Macomb, but again not listed on website.

Maybe Delo hung it up or is looking to finish his last year somewhere else to get a chance to start.

If neither are coming back, hopefully they give a scholarship to Maas. Believe he's been a walk-on for the last three years grinding it out for the team in practice.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

letsgonecks wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:04 am Roster is updated, but no Delo or incoming freshman Shamar Dillard.

Delo is still listed in the student directory, but nothing for Dillard and he's not referencing anything on his twitter about WIU. Has some twitter pics from July 25th and the background could have been the streets of Macomb, but again not listed on website.

Maybe Delo hung it up or is looking to finish his last year somewhere else to get a chance to start.

If neither are coming back, hopefully they give a scholarship to Maas. Believe he's been a walk-on for the last three years grinding it out for the team in practice.
Dillard - yeah, could be Macomb a few blocks east of campus, but then again, there's a lot of neighborhoods that look fairly similar to that in most towns
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

That's the major difference between coaches Mo and Billy. Mo would cut 'em loose in April and immediately update the roster, leaving no doubt in people's minds. Billy waits until August so you have to scratch your head and wonder if they were cut or left on their own.
leatherneckcountry

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:20 am That's the major difference between coaches Mo and Billy. Mo would cut 'em loose in April and immediately update the roster, leaving no doubt in people's minds. Billy waits until August so you have to scratch your head and wonder if they were cut or left on their own.
Who knows when these guys decided they weren’t going to
be part of the team but who ever updates the website doesn’t do it nearly as much as they used to as a whole do not sure that’s on Billy
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:28 am
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 11:20 am That's the major difference between coaches Mo and Billy. Mo would cut 'em loose in April and immediately update the roster, leaving no doubt in people's minds. Billy waits until August so you have to scratch your head and wonder if they were cut or left on their own.
Who knows when these guys decided they weren’t going to
be part of the team but who ever updates the website doesn’t do it nearly as much as they used to as a whole do not sure that’s on Billy
You might be right but my gut says a coach always wants to control what the public sees about his program at all times. I forgot the other difference. Billy has not had to use the Jeremy Felton maneuver on any his players. That was brutal. If a kid is not cutting it in the classroom, he does not get to sit on the bench with team but instead has his own student desk near the end of the bench. :lol:
meganeck

letsgonecks wrote: Wed Aug 22, 2018 10:04 am Roster is updated, but no Delo or incoming freshman Shamar Dillard.

Any updates on these guys if they moved on to another school, just not playing basketball. Also anyone know about Jalen Morgan did he go somewhere else.
Also I notice Jake Weyhrich is now listed on the roster. I assume he is a walk-on.
Last edited by meganeck on Thu Oct 18, 2018 5:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Neckfansince71

I think he is a Monmouth College transfer. He has some "hops" but needs to gain some muscle mass. Played at Manito/Midwest Central High School. ;) jc