TTU Coaching search

leatherneckcountry

Anyone who has been following there coaching search it has appeared to be a disaster according to the folks on the USD board which is where got the link from. JD would be about the 50th on there wish list as UALR coach looked like he was going to take it and then turned them down an then AJ at SDSU was #2 and he turned it down and now there looking anywhere. https://theraiderland.com/the-texas-tec ... to-emerge/
sealhall74

Previous coach Candi Whitaker was raking in about $450K per year with salary and everything else added in. That is a nice chunk of change. Prior to the TTU gig, she was head coach at UMKC when it was in the Summit League.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

Texas Tech is a program with a ton of Women's Basketball History. Marsha Sharp was legendary from 1982-2006, with a national championship in 1993 and being inducted into the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame in 2003, and now serving as their Asst AD. Their next coach, Kristy Curry, now Alabama's head coach, from 2006-2013, following the head coaching position at Purdue, was no slouch either.

As much as I'd hate to see JD go, wow, what an opportunity and with a legend their as AD to learn even more from.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Sounds like they're likely to announce their new HC sometime today. It also sounds like JD is one of three good candidates. Like Tere said, I'd hate to see him go, but that's a HUGE opportunity for him if it works out.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

It appears that Stollings from Minnesota has the job if she wants it. I suspect Minnesota has made a counter-offer and she is thinking it over. If she leaves, could Aaron Johnston be headed to Minnesota?. If Aaron leaves, could ...

Well, I'll just leave it there and enjoy the Masters on this weekend.
Embrace the pace of the race.
OldHare

Luckily the staff is still doing the daily activities for the Jackrabbits!
meganeck

The Minnesota coach got the Texas Tech job
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Mon Apr 09, 2018 7:37 pm The Minnesota coach got the Texas Tech job
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
LeatherCy

I've been to Lubbock several times for Iowa State FB games and a couple men's basketball games. Got to know Coach Whitaker when she was an Asst at Okla. State. She played at Tech and was from Canyon, TX. Like Tere said they have a great tradition in women't basketball. Excellent facilities and the AD is a former K-St FB player who was head of the NCAA Tournament Selection committee. Problem is Lubbock is hard to recruit to . It 's a great city and the fans are passionate but FB will always be #1 but they will support a winning team as evidenced by the men's team this year and their baseball team.