Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

[tweet][/tweet]
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Necks2003

I am not sure how much interest there would be, but does anyone know if the University going to do any kind of national search for a replacement? I am not sure why they have seemed to fill this position the last 2 times internally. Possibly budget issues don't allow for the school to recruit someone that would have to be paid as a AD at the D1 level.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Necks2003 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 10:21 am I am not sure how much interest there would be, but does anyone know if the University going to do any kind of national search for a replacement? I am not sure why they have seemed to fill this position the last 2 times internally. Possibly budget issues don't allow for the school to recruit someone that would have to be paid as a AD at the D1 level.
I think it was just the last one that was filled internally. Tommy Bell came in from IPFW, I believe. Tanney was an internal hire, although was...I thought...a good AD and a really nice guy. This is just an interim appointment currently. Now, if she ends up being named the "official" AD, then yeah, that's two in a row that were done internally.

I would imagine budget issues are a big part of the lack of national searches in many instances.
Would we like a big national search with great candidates and the ability to offer a corresponding paycheck...yes.
Can we afford to...nope.

Also, I'd bet that most of the recently abdicated administrative positions will remain at "interim" status until we have a new president because he/she might want a say in the personnel in various positions.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

As the Senior Associate AD, I expected this to be the decision.
Neckfansince71

I kinda thought they would make a call to the "bull pen" and name you Interim AD, Tere! :D jc
Tere North

Neckfansince71 wrote: Thu May 17, 2018 12:37 pm I kinda thought they would make a call to the "bull pen" and name you Interim AD, Tere! :D jc
I highly doubt Western wants me involved in anything, but hey, thanks jc for the chuckle :lol:
LeatherCy

I thought Michael Jones would have been given consideration. I found out her husband is also a coach at the high school in Carthage. Not sure what they call it or who they merged with a few years ago.
wiu712

LeatherCy wrote: Sat May 26, 2018 9:37 pmI found out her husband is also a coach at the high school in Carthage. Not sure what they call it or who they merged with a few years ago.
Grant Surprenant is the Head Coach for Girls Basketball at Illini West High School where he is the Community Outreach Liaison.

Illini West was formed in 2007, and has students from Carthage, La Harpe, and Dallas City.
Western_101

I applaud Tere. Too much bullshit. At least she has asserted a voice in a forum and I assume she speaks her mind and her Avatar is her Face. Also this forum wouldn't exist without the labors and efforts of Mr. Lawson.

However: From Bradley Fans... about SIUs mssg board being shut down.

We have seen recent financial turmoil, fan rebellions, their message board shut down over constant bickering and fights among the fan base...

Is it true people were getting doxxed on SIU’s old board and posters who were employees at SIU got their usernames reported for leaking athletic department intel and a couple people lost their jobs? And Barry and his staff were fired but the decision was reversed by the Chancellor? That’s what a well connected SIU grad told

http://bradleyfans.com/

Pretty legit board the Guy that runs it is a Doctor and Alum and knows everything. He chooses what he wants to share. It is his board. Not a bad policy, the low brow shit get's tiresome that one sees on open boards.
Western_101

I'm sure Ms. Surprenant is qualified to be AD.

How many ADs has Western been through in 10 years? Must be a a pretty shitty gig.