MLB on FB

Miscellaneous discussions. Things that don't have anything to do with Western, Leatherneck Athletics, college sports in general, etc.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 8:22 am
meganeck wrote: Wed May 30, 2018 11:32 pm I refuse to watch baseball on FB
I refuse to watch Cardinals games ;)
Never did like you Scott haha jk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Thu May 31, 2018 5:09 pm Never did like you Scott haha jk
Fair enough ;)

Just to be clear though, I am in no way, shape, or form, a "bandwagon" Cubs fan that jumped on in the last few years when they got really good.
My childhood summers frequently consisted of many hot afternoons, sitting on the couch, watching WGN (channel 16 on our local cable system) where Harry Caray and Steve Stone were calling afternoon Cubs games (Cubs didn't play home night games back then...they didn't put in lights until '88) and you had guys like Ryne Sandberg, Mark Grace, and Andre Dawson out on the field, with Greg Maddux on the mound. The folks hanging out on the nearby rooftops weren't people who had paid a bunch of money and sat in bleachers that had been put up there by building owners and real estate developers...they were "kids" who lived in the buildings...mostly in their 20s, hanging out with a grill and a few coolers, often shirtless, just having a good time with a ball game going on just next door.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Sundays were special growing up in the spring and summer in west-central Illinois. It was the Cubs and Jack Brickhouse via WQAD TV from the Quad Cities. The rest on days it was Vince Lloyd and Lou Boudreau on WGN radio. Santo, Kessinger, Beckert, Banks, and Hundley on the infield for what seemed like forever. Also on Sundays, it was Virgil Ward and Championship Fishing on WOC, IIRC to help us hone our angling skills on the local fishing ponds. Jeez, it took very little to entertain us back in those days.
Embrace the pace of the race.