Women's Volleyball!

wiu712

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:30 pmCoach RIchardson stepping down as HC of WIU Volleyball.
On tonight's KHQA Sports, Chris Duerr said that it was due to family considerations.

Her husband (Robb Richardson) is a physical education teacher at United High School. He is also an Assistant Coach for Monmouth College football--working with special teams. They have a 6-year old son.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:08 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Jun 01, 2018 3:30 pmCoach RIchardson stepping down as HC of WIU Volleyball.
On tonight's KHQA Sports, Chris Duerr said that it was due to family considerations.

Her husband (Robb Richardson) is a physical education teacher at United High School. He is also an Assistant Coach for Monmouth College football--working with special teams. They have a 6-year old son.
Yeah, I didn't want to speculate, but considering some of the other follow-up tweets I saw from other people connected to athletics, I don't think it had anything to do with her performance or her moving to another university because of our budget situation or whatever. This was personal reasons and you certainly can't fault someone for doing what's best for their family. I wonder if she'll try to get on as an assistant or something with Monmouth College's women's volleyball team.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

Yeah, she seemed pretty committed to WIU, she was always tweeting her support for other WIU sports which was cool. I believe she is pregnant right now
wiu712

From the Monmouth Daily Review-Atlas:

Kelly Richardson recently landed another job in Springfield, Missouri as a teacher at Evangel University.

Robb Richardson said: "“We have our second child on the way and a lot of our family is down here (in Missouri). We kind of got to a point to where she was looking for something that did not require so many after-hours as far as recruiting and being on the road.”

Richardson added, “It was a very difficult decision. We both had felt completely embraced and accepted in Monmouth and Macomb. It just came down to family more than anything else.”
LeatherCy

Isn't her husband an Asst FB coach at Monmouth or Knox? Do they have a young family??
leatherneckcountry

LeatherCy wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:28 pm Isn't her husband an Asst FB coach at Monmouth or Knox? Do they have a young family??
Yeah he was an assistant at monmouth they have a six year old and one due in October I believe and I think there from the Columbia Mo area.
wiu712

LeatherCy wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 4:28 pmIsn't her husband an Asst FB coach at Monmouth or Knox?
Besides being an Asst Coach for Special Teams at Monmouth College, Robb Richardson was also a PE teacher at United High School (consolidation of Warren, Alexis, and Yorkwood). He played football at Evangel University where he was a two-time team captain.
meganeck

wiu712 wrote: Sat Jun 09, 2018 3:38 pm From the Monmouth Daily Review-Atlas:

Kelly Richardson recently landed another job in Springfield, Missouri as a teacher at Evangel University.

Robb Richardson said: "“We have our second child on the way and a lot of our family is down here (in Missouri). We kind of got to a point to where she was looking for something that did not require so many after-hours as far as recruiting and being on the road.”

Richardson added, “It was a very difficult decision. We both had felt completely embraced and accepted in Monmouth and Macomb. It just came down to family more than anything else.”
Interesting...thanks for sharing. Her former assistant Dan Brown, just took an head coaching job at a JUCO.
meganeck

I see they had a volleyball camp, how can they have one when they don't even have a coach. Who ran it?
wiu712

meganeck wrote: Thu Jul 12, 2018 10:52 pm I see they had a volleyball camp, how can they have one when they don't even have a coach. Who ran it?
Assistant Coach Taylor Szypulski was the Camp Director.