Ravens in the Hall of Fame game tonight

Leathernecks playing at the next level.
GV Dad

Ravens play the Bears tonight in the Hall of Fame game on NBC at 7. Acklin should get some good PT tonight!
sealhall74

GV Dad wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 6:43 pm Ravens play the Bears tonight in the Hall of Fame game on NBC at 7. Acklin should get some good PT tonight!
If they are going to call a penalty every time a tackler's helmet is the first thing to come in contact with a receiver, it is going to be long season.
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

I was thinking the same thing. I like that they are trying to make the game safer, but they need to look for ways to do so without slowing down the game. Maybe review the games after and issue fines for plays deemed unsafe. Now targeting, I think should be called during the game, but even that has a lot of variables involved thus the need for replay. Just my opinion for what it's worth.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Caught a glimpse of Acklin (#80) on one or two special teams plays, but they didn't have him lining up at receiver at all tonight, as far as I can tell. I think he might have gotten a special teams tackle though. I don't know if that really means much at this point though...very early and like the TV guys said near the end of the game, what you see on the field will in no way resemble what you see on the field when the regular season starts up in about a month.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Leatherneck309

He was lined up at WR for all 3 snaps on their last possession before the 2 minute warning. Unfortunately it was 3 straight runs as they were trying to run out the clock. Not sure if there were any other offensive plays.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Leatherneck309 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 10:31 pm He was lined up at WR for all 3 snaps on their last possession before the 2 minute warning. Unfortunately it was 3 straight runs as they were trying to run out the clock. Not sure if there were any other offensive plays.
Ah, ok. First half or second half?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Leatherneck309

2nd half with about 4 minutes to play. He was lined up at the bottom of the TV screen for all 3 snaps. Hoping he can get a few more opportunities next game.
vatusay

Yea that was pretty disappointing
#ALLIN #YOLO
letsgonecks

This write-up should shed some light on his limited participation. Might just be the writers guess, but makes sense. Read a few other previous article referring very highly of him and one actually referencing his potential to be an STARTING NFL WR someday.

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/08 ... st-played/
Tere North

letsgonecks wrote: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:35 pm This write-up should shed some light on his limited participation. Might just be the writers guess, but makes sense. Read a few other previous article referring very highly of him and one actually referencing his potential to be an STARTING NFL WR someday.

https://ravenswire.usatoday.com/2018/08 ... st-played/
Hide him, maybe, but New England Is hurting at WR.