MVFC on ESPN3/ESPN+

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

The schedule has been released for this year for the conference games on ESPN3 or ESPN+: https://s3.amazonaws.com/sidearm.sites/ ... e_2018.pdf

Our specific schedule is as follows:
Sept. 15 | vs. Montana | 3 p.m. | ESPN+
Sept. 29 | vs. Youngstown State | 3 p.m. | ESPN3/MVFC
Oct. 6 | at Illinois State | 2 p.m. | ESPN+
Oct. 13 | North Dakota State | 6 p.m. | ESPN+
Oct. 20 | at Missouri State | 2 p.m. | ESPN+
Oct. 27 | Northern Iowa | 1 p.m. | ESPN+
Nov. 3 | at Southern Illinois | 1 p.m. | ESPN3/MVFC
Nov. 10 | at South Dakota | 1 p.m. | ESPN+
Nov. 17 | Indiana State | 1 p.m. | ESPN3
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
WIU11DC

If we already pay for ESPN does that mean I still have to pay the extra $5 a month to watch ESPN+?
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU11DC wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:23 pm If we already pay for ESPN does that mean I still have to pay the extra $5 a month to watch ESPN+?
Yes. ESPN+ is a separate subscription service. Streaming only. On the plus side, there's no "contract" sort of thing, so you can subscribe and cancel at any time. If you start it up right before the Montana game, have it for two months, then cancel after the South Dakota game, you can watch the last one (Indiana State) on ESPN3 and all of our playoff games on ESPN3 and end up paying $10 total.
WIU2DC

Thanks for that info and the cable companies and providers drive me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

WIU2DC wrote: Fri Aug 10, 2018 3:49 pm Thanks for that info and the cable companies and providers drive me nuts.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I don't disagree with your statement.
There's a lot of confusion regarding exactly what will be available on which "channel" since this is the first year of ESPN+. On one hand, it's nice that pretty much all of our games are available to watch...but on the other hand, the number of subscription services you have to sign up for to get them all is pretty annoying.
rocki

We cut the cord, so I guess we'll sign up for Sling TV and the ESPN+ app. Still cheaper than what you have to buy to get ESPN on Comcast.
sealhall74

Yep, life is getting too complicated, too many choices, too much in the fine print. I just got an email from United Airlines. I apparently booked my Orlando hoops trip in December as a "basic" economy fare which apparently is something new and different from a "standard" economy fare. What are the differences you ask? For one, under basic economy, your carryon is limited to "personal" size UNLESS you are a Mileage Plus member. If you show up at the gate with a larger bag, you are subject to the regular checked baggage fee ($25 I think) PLUS a $25 baggage handling surcharge on top of it. All a big United gimmick to get you to become a Mileage Plus member I presume.
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

The game at Illinois on September 8 will be on The Big Ten Network.

The game at Illinois State on October 6 will also be on NBC Sports Chicago.