ESPN+ or ESPN3

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
wiu712

Chatter underway at the Illinois State Redbird Fan Forum over the availability of MVFC football games on ESPN3.

Some thoughts that the games will be on ESPN's new streaming-service, ESPN+. There is a $5 per month charge for ESPN+.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Thu Aug 02, 2018 8:45 am Chatter underway at the Illinois State Redbird Fan Forum over the availability of MVFC football games on ESPN3.

Some thoughts that the games will be on ESPN's new streaming-service, ESPN+. There is a $5 per month charge for ESPN+.
Yeah, it sounds like it's going to be a mix of some on ESPN3, some on ESPN+. Each week will probably be a crapshoot as to where the game is on...so that'll be fun. ;)
I'll probably just wait and see and if there's a game I really want to watch on ESPN+, I can sign up. They do have a free 7-day trial so you can test it out. If you're going to get it to watch a game, I'd recommend subscribing a day or two earlier and getting things tested before gameday.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
wiu712

The Western game at Illinois State on October 6 will be on NBC Sports-Chicago.

NBC Sports-Chicago is a long-time broadcast partner with Illinois State and will televise 4 of their games this season.
wiu712

WIUSuperFan

More of our games this year will be on ESPN+ than ESPN3. Not sure if that's a good thing or a bad thing. Not sure if it even matters. The schedule now reflects the channels. I'm just glad practically all games will be broadcasted in some way shape or form $5 a month isn't terrible. Now the question stands on if or where the first two games will be broadcasted and from what source. https://goleathernecks.com/schedule.aspx?path=football

Here's a list here of the games that'll be on ESPN+ or ESPN3:

Western Illinois' ESPN3/ESPN+ Schedule
Sept. 15 | vs. Montana | 3 p.m. | ESPN+
Sept. 29 | vs. Youngstown State | 3 p.m. | ESPN3/MVFC
Oct. 6 | at Illinois State | 2 p.m. | ESPN+
Oct. 13 | North Dakota State | 6 p.m. | ESPN+
Oct. 20 | at Missouri State | 2 p.m. | ESPN+
Oct. 27 | Northern Iowa | 1 p.m. | ESPN+
Nov. 3 | at Southern Illinois | 1 p.m. | ESPN3/MVFC
Nov. 10 | at South Dakota | 1 p.m. | ESPN+
Nov. 17 | Indiana State | 1 p.m. | ESPN3
Devin Biggs
BS, Meteorology (2017)
Alumnus of Western Illinois University
Email: dm-biggs@wiu.edu
wiu712

WIUSuperFan wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:36 pmThe question stands on if or where the first two games will be broadcasted and from what source.
The August 30 game at Montana State will be on SWX. Looks like that is a regional sports network similar to Midco SN in the Dakotas.
http://www.swxrightnow.com/category/284 ... me-montana

The September 8 game at UIUC will be on The Big Ten Network.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

wiu712 wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:16 pm
WIUSuperFan wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 9:36 pmThe question stands on if or where the first two games will be broadcasted and from what source.
The August 30 game at Montana State will be on SWX. Looks like that is a regional sports network similar to Midco SN in the Dakotas.
Well crap. I thought all the Big Sky home games were streaming on PlutoTV. That's going to be very annoying to not be able to watch our season opener. I'll do some more digging to see if I can find some other options for viewing the game.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
tjbison

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:55 pm
Well crap. I thought all the Big Sky home games were streaming on PlutoTV. That's going to be very annoying to not be able to watch our season opener. I'll do some more digging to see if I can find some other options for viewing the game.
ESPN+ is 10 times the service Pluto TV is, the big sky broadcasts are terrible on that free service
leatherneckcountry

tjbison wrote: Sun Aug 12, 2018 6:50 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:55 pm

ESPN+ is 10 times the service Pluto TV is, the big sky broadcasts are terrible on that free service
The game that we had on Pluto was really well done better than any of the MVFC games in my opinion but we all know I hate the ESPN 3 games especially the home ones 4 hrs for football games is ridiculous