2018 Roster Updates

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Looks like we picked up someone with a bit of height who can shoot 3's pretty well.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

Looks like they added another JUCO player, Avery Hamm committed to WIU today and it looks like it is for 2018-19 season. She will have 2 yrs with WIU.
meganeck

WIU lost an assistant coach as Taylor Ignoto got the head coaching job at Rock Valley College
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote:WIU lost an assistant coach as Taylor Ignoto got the head coaching job at Rock Valley College
Congrats to her, assistant coaches moving up to head coaching positions is a sign of success. Plus I bet it'll be nice having a friend in the JUCO ranks for those times we need to bring in a transfer to fill a need for a year or two. She might be able to help with a few tips on some area players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Sep 07, 2018 6:50 pm
meganeck wrote:WIU lost an assistant coach as Taylor Ignoto got the head coaching job at Rock Valley College
Congrats to her, assistant coaches moving up to head coaching positions is a sign of success. Plus I bet it'll be nice having a friend in the JUCO ranks for those times we need to bring in a transfer to fill a need for a year or two. She might be able to help with a few tips on some area players.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
that is what I was thinking Scott, will be nice to have a JUCO connection
meganeck

On Twitter, Coach Gravina posted a picture of the team photo and in the background was Morgan Blumer sitting in the stands. JD made a comment about her being there even though the NCAA turned her down for another year of eligibility. That was the first I had heard of her trying to get another year.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Last year, a leader on the court, this year, a leader on the side of the court...Emily Clemens has been named an Assistant Coach, filling the role after Taylor Ignoto got a HC job at Rock Valley College.
https://goleathernecks.com/news/2018/10 ... coach.aspx
Tere North

ST_Lawson wrote: Thu Oct 18, 2018 2:16 pm Last year, a leader on the court, this year, a leader on the side of the court...Emily Clemens has been named an Assistant Coach, filling the role after Taylor Ignoto got a HC job at Rock Valley College.
https://goleathernecks.com/news/2018/10 ... coach.aspx
Great for Em, and definitely for a potential continuation being an asst coach instead of a grad asst. Wonder if Blumer will now fill that role since she didn't get her 6th year.