WIU vs Montana (9/15/2018)

meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:54 pm Not going to say this was all of the problem, but Lesure was out the whole game and Tate was out for some of it. So, some of the receiving options were limited.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Couldn't run the ball

4011 announced attendance
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote:
ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 6:54 pm Not going to say this was all of the problem, but Lesure was out the whole game and Tate was out for some of it. So, some of the receiving options were limited.

Couldn't run the ball

Well, yes...that was the primary issue. I was more responding to the "what's wrong with Mcguire" comment.

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Sat Sep 15, 2018 7:08 pm
meganeck wrote:

Couldn't run the ball

Well, yes...that was the primary issue. I was more responding to the "what's wrong with Mcguire" comment.

Oh ok - makes sense
meganeck

Coach Elliott was very emotional on the post game interview with Scott
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

No problem. I was unclear and should have quoted the earlier post.

Plenty of problems to address...but thankfully still got the win. Now we have two weeks to work on things until a struggling YSU comes to town for Homecoming.

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote:Coach Elliott was very emotional on the post game interview with Scott
I heard that. First win as a head coach is a big deal. The players on the sideline dumped a jug of water on him at the end of the game too.

sealhall74

I dont know what we can do about running game. I think we tried that "Delta Formation" with three backs around the QB once and IIRC, McGuire got 5 yards on a keeper. I honestly think that a two back set with both McShane and Norris is the best chance to put together some consistency. Plays where one can block for the other, fake handoff to one, handoff/pitch to the other, misdirection. We aint fooling anybody right now. Max needs a sliver of a gap to get some yards. McShane can create his own yards with some elusiveness but the defense can easily contain him if he is all they have to worry about.
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

Great job by the Defense Montana pretty much started inside the 50 every time and the defense did a pretty good job. Did a really good of subbing guys as i know there gassed i'm tired and I was just standing there yelling the whole game did a solid job of containing snead.
leatherneckcountry

Not really sure why we haven't used the TE much this year I think some of it is there helping the young line on blocking does anyone know if the coach Elliot interview will be online anywhere.
wiu712

The west side stands had a big crowd. Very few on the east side other than the Band, Band parents, and a group of Montana fans. The east side was in the sun for most of the game. Not the place to be on a hot day.

There was a large group of fans standing in the shade of "Rocky's Tree" at the southwest corner of Hanson Field. And a sizeable group sitting on the west hillside.

I saw a group of Monmouth College football players at the game. Today was their Bye Week.

Today was a Discover Western day. So lots of high school students on campus

The beer stand at the southeast corner seemed to be a popular place.

Looked like all of the Western students were sitting on the west side. Very large group of them.

Today's crowd of 4,011 was larger than last year's Family Day attendance of 3,217.