Attendance Ideas and Solutions

GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 am
rocki wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:53 am I think the main problem is the short amount of notice given for this. Possibly if people/businesses had known about this prospect at least a month ago, they could have coordinated a group, or giveaway, or something.
Yup. We'll have to try to remember to check in with the athletics department early in the season next year to find out what they might be doing to bring in people and what we can do to help. I'll check to see if they're doing anything the other two home games this year.
Thanks Scott! I appreciate you being our eyes and ears in Macomb!
rocki

Thanks, Scott. Wasn't the it at the last home game a few years back that they did the train/bus/$1 entry fee to get people at the game because it was also right before the Thanksgiving break? If they wanted to do something for that game now would be a good time to fire it up - give people a chance to plan ahead.
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:06 am
rocki wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 8:53 am I think the main problem is the short amount of notice given for this. Possibly if people/businesses had known about this prospect at least a month ago, they could have coordinated a group, or giveaway, or something.
Yup. We'll have to try to remember to check in with the athletics department early in the season next year to find out what they might be doing to bring in people and what we can do to help. I'll check to see if they're doing anything the other two home games this year.
I was thinking it would be cool to pick one game, prob need to be next year, and make it a fill Hanson promotion. Make it a game that isn't tied to an event like Homecoming or parents day. If the Athletic Dept was behind it, along with the Leatherneck club, this board, the parents group and Brian's Football Alum group we could make it happen! How cool would it be to have 16,000 at the ISU game next year!? :shock:
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

rocki wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:12 am Thanks, Scott. Wasn't the it at the last home game a few years back that they did the train/bus/$1 entry fee to get people at the game because it was also right before the Thanksgiving break? If they wanted to do something for that game now would be a good time to fire it up - give people a chance to plan ahead.
Yeah, 2010. wiu712 had more info about that earlier in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=23343#p23343

I contacted the athletics department to try to find out what else they're planning for the rest of the home games, so hopefully they'll have something we can help out with.
GV Dad wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:14 am I was thinking it would be cool to pick one game, prob need to be next year, and make it a fill Hanson promotion. Make it a game that isn't tied to an event like Homecoming or parents day. If the Athletic Dept was behind it, along with the Leatherneck club, this board, the parents group and Brian's Football Alum group we could make it happen! How cool would it be to have 16,000 at the ISU game next year!? :shock:
Great idea. Need to start planning for it early, but if we could get a good turnout for it, maybe it would show the students that football games can actually be fun and would get more of them to start showing up.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:19 am
rocki wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:12 am Thanks, Scott. Wasn't the it at the last home game a few years back that they did the train/bus/$1 entry fee to get people at the game because it was also right before the Thanksgiving break? If they wanted to do something for that game now would be a good time to fire it up - give people a chance to plan ahead.
Yeah, 2010. wiu712 had more info about that earlier in this thread: viewtopic.php?p=23343#p23343

I contacted the athletics department to try to find out what else they're planning for the rest of the home games, so hopefully they'll have something we can help out with.
GV Dad wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 9:14 am I was thinking it would be cool to pick one game, prob need to be next year, and make it a fill Hanson promotion. Make it a game that isn't tied to an event like Homecoming or parents day. If the Athletic Dept was behind it, along with the Leatherneck club, this board, the parents group and Brian's Football Alum group we could make it happen! How cool would it be to have 16,000 at the ISU game next year!? :shock:
Great idea. Need to start planning for it early, but if we could get a good turnout for it, maybe it would show the students that football games can actually be fun and would get more of them to start showing up.
Biggest issue is Hotel rooms, so we would need to really promote local and within an hour drive or so. I will buy up a bunch and have everyone stay in Quincy. We can charter a few buses from there.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

From the Asst. AD for Marketing/Game Ops, Diane Cassimire:
For the 10/27 game we are doing a Super Hero day.

first responders and military can receive a general admission ticket for $5 by showing their service ID
Kids are encouraged to wear super hero costumes and can sign up for a chance to race Rocky on the field north end zone during the game

As we are finalizing 11/17 I will be in touch with you!
I'm planning on taking my son to the game anyway, so I guess he gets to dress up ;)
Not sure what we can do with the UNI game other than encourage anyone we know that are first responders or military to attend.
Any other ideas?
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:29 am From the Asst. AD for Marketing/Game Ops, Diane Cassimire:

first responders and military can receive a general admission ticket for $5 by showing their service ID
Kids are encouraged to wear super hero costumes and can sign up for a chance to race Rocky on the field north end zone during the game

I'm planning on taking my son to the game anyway, so I guess he gets to dress up ;)
Not sure what we can do with the UNI game other than encourage anyone we know that are first responders or military to attend.
Any other ideas?
Those superhero halloweeen costumes will get double-duty this year. :lol:
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

ST_Lawson wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:29 am From the Asst. AD for Marketing/Game Ops, Diane Cassimire:

Any other ideas?
I wonder if they would let us buy the tickets in bulk and send them to Military or First responders? Is there a Military base near by? National Guard?
GV Dad

Looks like there is a Marine Base in Peoria? Is that a large base?
sealhall74

GV Dad wrote: Wed Oct 10, 2018 11:08 am

Any other ideas?
I wonder if they would let us buy the tickets in bulk and send them to Military or First responders? Is there a Military base near by? National Guard?
Macomb has an Army National Guard unit. If the game is on Drill weekend, they may even be given some freedom to attend the game during duty hours.
Embrace the pace of the race.