WIU at Southern Illinois (11/3/2018)

wiu712

Today's attendance in Carbondale = 4,780.
LeatherCy

IND St won in 3 OT's today vs USD. Curt Mallory is doing a great job at Ind St. USD has went down hill. Bob's last class of recruits will play vs their old coach for the final time next week in Vermillion. Need to take care of business then finish strong vs Ind St at home on the 17th. Huge comeback win today.
LeatherCy

IND St won in 3 OT's today vs USD. Curt Mallory is doing a great job at Ind St. USD has went down hill. Bob's last class of recruits will play vs their old coach for the final time next week in Vermillion. Need to take care of business then finish strong vs Ind St at home on the 17th. Huge comeback win today.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

At the start of the 4th quarter, ESPN had SIU with a 97% chance of victory.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

The series of run plays from the 5 after Tony Tate's catch is some of the worst play calling I have seen all season. Quarterback keeper (McGuire has a lot of strengths but the guy runs in slow motion). Max Norris got stood up and then the rest is a blur....pretty sure McShane didn't get a touch which seemed strange. So we do the sensible thing and go for three and get three. Then we take three off the board and decide to try to run from the one up the middle. Why? I have no idea, they shut us down on the 3 previous downs, either call a different damn play, or better yet take the damn 3 points.

I turned the T.V. off at that point went out to clean the gutters which seemed like a more preferable option than to continue to curse at the T.V.

So I admire the 'Necks fight to battle back after self inflicted wounds and scratch out a W. If the 'Necks play the next two weeks like today then today's win is the last win of the season.

I usually feel great after a win and irritable and angry for a day or two after a loss. I actually don't fee anything at all we won, but it feels like we lost.
Last edited by Western_101 on Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:45 pm, edited 2 times in total.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Some games are just like that, especially in this conference. NDSU struggled against YSU. They're going to win, but it was very close for much of the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
leatherneckcountry

Some reason we just don't play well down there anyone who has been down there it's definitely not the most exciting place in the world did Mcshane get banged up I noticed Zeke returned the last couple of kickoffs. I was listening on the radio and turned it off to watch Michigan after they made it 31-14.
Western_101

leatherneckcountry wrote: Sat Nov 03, 2018 5:37 pm Some reason we just don't play well down there anyone who has been down there it's definitely not the most exciting place in the world did Mcshane get banged up I noticed Zeke returned the last couple of kickoffs. I was listening on the radio and turned it off to watch Michigan after they made it 31-14.
McShane must be banged up. He was conspicuously absent from much of the offence and special teams.
Western_101

Montana win
Montana St. win
Illinois win

So we got that going for us. Which is nice.

InSU hands Bob Nielson a loss, ISU is eliminated from playoffs. You'll get nothing and you'll like it! 8-)
wiu712

Happy locker room: