FCS Polls

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just a reminder that the Coaches Poll is absolute garbage. 8-1 UC Davis all the way down at 7, Illinois State ahead of Northern Iowa despite losing the head to head matchup two days ago. WIU with the same record as ILSU and UNI and having the head-to-head win over UNI, all the way down in the ORV area.

https://www.afca.com/polls/ (scroll down a bit for FCS)
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

AGS poll has us at #23: http://thefcswedge.com/ags-poll/ags-pol ... 5-results/
UNI is at #18 (which I'm ok with considering they beat SDSU and ILSU).
Western_101

So up to the week 10 point ISU has 4 D-I wins and only one of those wins was over a team with a winning record. Also they have dropped their last three games. Oh also they are essentially eliminated from the playoffs.

So by all means lets keep ranking them.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with this garbage.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

RedNeck wrote: Mon Nov 05, 2018 6:01 pm So up to the week 10 point ISU has 4 D-I wins and only one of those wins was over a team with a winning record. Also they have dropped their last three games. Oh also they are essentially eliminated from the playoffs.

So by all means lets keep ranking them.

I wouldn't wipe my ass with this garbage.
The FBS win is carrying them, despite Colorado State being not all that great.
Go by the AGS poll, ignore the rest. Illinois State is just outside the top 25 in the AGS poll and behind us. Technically they'd be at 7 wins if they won out, but only 6 DI wins and unless something crazy happens with all the bubble teams losing a bunch, I don't think winning out will get them in. They for sure wouldn't be in ahead of a possible 7-4 UNI or WIU.