Way too early look at 2019

Neckfansince71

Seems like a fitting place to sing "we are marching on neath the Purple and Gold!" ;) jc
Neckfansince71

What I meant to say up above is, yes, I get ST's concerned comment, but at some point in time you got to march on. You break ground at Hanson and every student who walks the quad will have the opportunity to see the construction, and construction means "future!" ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just to be clear, I agree with most of you guys that they should go ahead and announce it. I think good news like that would help recruitment for the Fall 2019 semester if they announced it maybe when we came back from winter break. I was just trying to explain one of the reasons why I think they've been holding off. Also, I don't know that for sure...I don't have any "insider info" on this, it's just my guess based on things I have heard about possible facilities improvements.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Western_101

If not not now then when would be the right time?

I think a good time would be when the University as a whole needs something to feel positive about and proud about. I'm not the most complex person, in many ways I'm very simple. I guess a self admitted simple person doesn't understand the upside of waiting.
GV Dad

My best guess would be that they are waiting for completed plans and maybe some artist renditions to show. Instead of rolling it out in pieces, making one big announcement. I just wish they'd hurry. Would love for the Coaches to be able to use it in recruiting for this class. Time is tick tick ticking away...