Stetson, ugh!

wiu2013

I believe that Claar and Hughes did not begin playing basketball until late, so they are still learning the fundamentals. Although there are improvements they still have a long way to go.
wiu2013

leatherneckcountry wrote: Thu Dec 06, 2018 7:55 am It just amazes me to see how much different the 2 teams are ran I never leave a game saying wow if the girls had only played harder. JD doesn't accept any less than a 100% with Billy it's just expected. JD has gotten T'D up the last 2 games you will never see that type of ire on the other side.
I don't think harder is the right word because I believe the boys play hard. I think at times they need to play smarter and make better decisions.
I also think it is unfair to say that a coach does not expect 100% from their players. In all my years I have never met a coach that has said or displayed acceptance with 75-80% effort. What one coach does (getting T"D up) may not work for another.
HoosierNeck13

I've given Billy a lot of leeway but I think this is a sign that Billy needs to go. How do you give up a 18-0 run to a 1-8 team?

Time to start the search process.
Necks2003

HoosierNeck13 wrote: Fri Dec 07, 2018 5:25 am I've given Billy a lot of leeway but I think this is a sign that Billy needs to go. How do you give up a 18-0 run to a 1-8 team?

Time to start the search process.
Maybe not quite as bad as this one, but during his entire tenure the teams have always struggled to close out games. Especially close ones down the stretch. Hopefully this serves as a wake up call to make some adjustments on offense and defense to mix things up a bit during the final minutes of close games. I know it won't, but I remain optimistic. It still drives me crazy every time that it happens and I can tell from the final 5 min exactly how the game will likely unfold.