Coaching Changes - post-2018 season

If you want to talk about Monmouth University Football, Quincy University Basketball, Notre Dame Men's Soccer, or whatever, this is the place.
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 11:36 am
BobLovely wrote: Tue Dec 11, 2018 9:33 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Mon Dec 10, 2018 7:54 pm Sounds like Klieman is going to be the HC at K-State as soon as NDSU is out of the playoffs: http://www.fcs.football/cfb/story.asp?i ... m=&src=FCS
It is official. He will be a natural fit into the culture at Kansas State, a large university located in rural area. K-State is a friendly place with strong Midwestern values. The program is essentially a large budget but MVFC type culture where they recruit two and three star athletes and then coach them up. Fan and student support is outstanding. I suspect that he will be highly successful as HC...

Bob
Agreed...similar situation, just at a higher level. Now the question is, who does NDSU get to replace him. Obviously there's some names being tossed around, but some of it will depend on how much of his current staff he is able to take with him to K-State. Does Entz stick around and become the HC (as many NDSU fans are hoping) and are they able to keep their S&C guy Kramer, who often gets a large portion of the credit for the team's success and it's ability to play strong all the way through the 4th quarter...or do they go outside the system and try to bring over someone like Indiana State's Curt Mallory who turned INSU around this season, knows the MVFC well, has coached around the Big 10 and MAC quite a bit, and worked under former NDSU Coach Craig Bohl at Wyoming for a couple of years. I don't know that they're likely to go with an outside candidate, but if they did, he's a prime candidate and would likely bring LB coach and former NDSU star LB Grant Olson with him (https://gosycamores.com/coaches.aspx?rc ... h=football).
I saw a couple of NDSU fans mention that they want Mallory. Its funny to see how many Kansas St fans are pissed about hiring Klieman. I guess they were expecting Urban Meyer to be hired. Actually I think a majority of K-State's fans wanted the North Texas coach.
sealhall74

No womens softball which is a bit surprising but K-State has a really sweet layout of facilities for the programs they do have. That is about as compact a layout with ample parking nearby as you could draw up. Check out the "Plyometric Ramp" inside the football training complex. Wow. Oh wait, we have one of those too (the hill on south side of Hanson).

https://www.kstatesports.com/sports/201 ... 72704.aspx
Embrace the pace of the race.
leatherneckcountry

I personally am rooting for Entz to get that job I know he was only here or a year but i personally was not impressed and i think ward was mainly in charge of our defense. I now he had the DC title at NDSU but i think Klieman was mainly in charge of the defense.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Thats what I like about the Bison. The never need to do a national search and potentially bring in a whole new system. Just promote from within and keep doing what you do. Although if they lose the OC, IMHO the guy will be tough to replace. And there is no replacement for Kramer, the strength and conditioning coach.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

Jeff Hecklinski is the new TE coach at Kansas.
meganeck

The Maine head coach is leaving to take an assistant job with Minnesota, so WIU is not the only school this happens to lol
meganeck

meganeck wrote: Thu Dec 20, 2018 10:20 am The Maine head coach is leaving to take an assistant job with Minnesota, so WIU is not the only school this happens to lol
Maine situation is mirroring WIU as they promote their OC to the head coaching position
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Entz at NDSU has hired former Bison LB Grant Olson to his staff. Olson had been the LB coach at Indiana State the last two years.
Also, it sounds like former WIU and most recently Rutgers O-Line Coach AJ Blazek will also be rejoining Entz at NDSU (Entz and Blazek were on the same staff in '09 at Winona State and '13 here at WIU).
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

I know Rutugers is a hot mess right now, but very strange to see an coach leave a Power 5 program to be an assistant coach at lower level. Granted North Dakota St would probably beat Rutgers if they played. I'm sure family considerations, etc were taken into consideration, but still seems strange.