North Dakota

leatherneckcountry

Thursday game scheduled for tomorrow against North Dakota has been pushed back to Friday and now will be a DH
Last edited by leatherneckcountry on Wed Jan 30, 2019 11:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
wiu712

Men's game is at 4:30 PM. Women's game is at 7:00 PM.
sealhall74

What? No Hot Chocolate promotion for this one?

Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu2013

Yes, game now a double-header on Friday, then for the grand prize "we" get to play North Dakota State (WIU only game this week) a little over 24 hours later because they are "unable" to change their flight.
leatherneckcountry

wiu2013 wrote: Wed Jan 30, 2019 1:24 pm Yes, game now a double-header on Friday, then for the grand prize "we" get to play North Dakota State (WIU only game this week) a little over 24 hours later because they are "unable" to change their flight.
NDSU had to play IPFW and USD on back to back days earlier and the fort wayne game went to OT. I guess Fort Wayne also played back to back and had to travel
wiu712

Today's (Feb 1) game is at 4:30 PM. It will be on ESPN3.

Fans are encouraged to wear Purple.

SAAC Athletes will be collecting canned food and cash donations as part of the "Summit Food Fight":
Bring 5 cans - get a Leatherneck koozie.
Bring 3 cans - get a Leatherneck grocery tote.
leatherneckcountry

wiu712 wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:54 am Today's (Feb 1) game is at 4:30 PM. It will be on ESPN3.

Fans are encouraged to wear Purple.

SAAC Athletes will be collecting canned food and cash donations as part of the "Summit Food Fight":
Bring 5 cans - get a Leatherneck koozie.
Bring 3 cans - get a Leatherneck grocery tote.
Two huge games this weekend win both games there’s still a really good possibility of finishing in the top half of the league lose both then there’s a good possibility of not even making the SLT.
sealhall74

Everytime I see us paired up against the Fighting Hawks (or F'Hawks or F'n Hawks or whatever), I get a flashback to the Meet The Fockers movie. Yea, I know, I am not normal but I am a huge Dustin Hoffman fan going all the way back to Papillon in 1973.
Embrace the pace of the race.
OldHare

I did a quick search and January 2013 appears to be the last time the Leathernecks won 3 conference games in a row. That time it was actually 4 conference games with Savannah St and Greenville defeated on the side in OOC. 13-3 was your conference record. Wright was the associate head coach and left after that year. Coach Mo stayed another year to go 4-10 in conference before leaving for the Huskers which brought Wright back to Macomb. Wright should have a chance to get that 3 consecutive conference wins this week. That will get the separation you need to finish higher than 9th.
Necks2003

OldHare wrote: Fri Feb 01, 2019 1:30 pm I did a quick search and January 2013 appears to be the last time the Leathernecks won 3 conference games in a row. That time it was actually 4 conference games with Savannah St and Greenville defeated on the side in OOC. 13-3 was your conference record. Wright was the associate head coach and left after that year. Coach Mo stayed another year to go 4-10 in conference before leaving for the Huskers which brought Wright back to Macomb. Wright should have a chance to get that 3 consecutive conference wins this week. That will get the separation you need to finish higher than 9th.
Agreed, hopefully the squad can pull out a game or 2 this week to separate themselves from the bottom of the pack and start working for some better seeding come tournament time. Nobody in the conference is unbeatable this season. It's all about who shows up hitting shots and eliminates giving up easy buckets and turnovers.