Google's Impact Challenge Illinois

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

In case you haven't heard, Google is holding a competition for nonprofits in Illinois with "innovative ideas for growing economic opportunity in Illinois". The 10 finalists each receive $75,000 in grant funding and training and the winner of the public vote receives and additional $250,000. WIU's Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs has been named a finalist. If you haven't voted for them yet, head over here and do so:

Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
Tere North

I did the "vote early and vote often" Chicago approach.

You can only vote once, but there is a caveat. Only once from each device - guessing it records the MAC address - SO!!, a desktop, a laptop, and a phone makes 3 from me!
sealhall74

Tere North wrote: Mon Feb 11, 2019 5:32 pm I did the "vote early and vote often" Chicago approach.

You can only vote once, but there is a caveat. Only once from each device - guessing it records the MAC address - SO!!, a desktop, a laptop, and a phone makes 3 from me!
Not MAC address. You can go Google Chrome "New Incognito Window" and vote a million times. Or at least it does not disable the Vote button like it does the conventional routes. Should we get the "Click Brigade" organized and called into action?
Embrace the pace of the race.
wiu712

Illinois Institute for Rural Affairs Honored for Project to Address Food Deserts.
From Tri-States Public Radio WIUM-FM:
https://www.tspr.org/post/iira-honored- ... od-deserts