Jaelon Acklin

Leathernecks playing at the next level.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

https://www.cbssports.com/fantasy/footb ... ettlement/

So, it sounds like he's no longer on the Ravens, but will get a chance to be signed by someone once he's healthy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
letsgonecks

Anyone have info on Jaelon? He seemed like he was doing enough to maybe get a practice squad invite, but then the quite translations of injured, released, cleared waivers, picked back up and injured reserve, and then released with injury settlement. All that was never very clear.

Would have thought he'd catch on with the AAF, but maybe he expects to sign back with the Ravens. Was his injury something that would have kept him out for a long period or did he give up the dream?

Same thought with Brett Taylor on the AFF. Any info on his plans and future?
vatusay

I think if you are in the AAF you have to seriously be passionate about continuing your football career. I’m not sure what Acklin’s plans were but didn’t Brett want to be athletic director? The salary tiers for the AAF go as follows:

$70,000 first year
$80,000 second
$100,000 third.

As I read they all have performance incentives also.

Now, don’t get me wrong, those salaries are nothing to scoff at, but the real payoff for the relatively short career in football is in the NFL. It will be interesting to see the percentage of AAF players do sign NFL contracts and from which position groups. If you are pursuing a career that can match or exceed those numbers would the AAF be worth it?
#ALLIN #YOLO
meganeck

I know its a little off topic, but former UNI DE Karter Schult is making a name for himself in AAF, has been impressive.

I agree I thought the AAF would be a perfect opportunity for Brett for show off his talent, but maybe he is done with football. Same with Jaelon, i hope his injury isn't holding him back.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Acklin is headed north...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
rocki

Regular season starts June 13, so if I can find someplace to watch it, it might help me get through until Leatherneck football starts.
Western_101

I seem to recall Russ Michna was a pretty solid QB for Winnipeg.
wiu712

Jaelon Acklin Signs With CFL. The former Leatherneck wideout will continue his pro career with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
https://goleathernecks.com/news/2019/3/ ... h-cfl.aspx
meganeck

wiu712 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:39 pm Jaelon Acklin Signs With CFL. The former Leatherneck wideout will continue his pro career with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
Well I guess it was a good thing Jaelon signed with the CFL and not the AAF.
Western_101

meganeck wrote: Sat Apr 13, 2019 9:58 am
wiu712 wrote: Thu Mar 21, 2019 4:39 pm Jaelon Acklin Signs With CFL. The former Leatherneck wideout will continue his pro career with the Hamilton Tiger-Cats.
Well I guess it was a good thing Jaelon signed with the CFL and not the AAF.
CFL is ligit. Players make good money. The CFL has a relatively speaking sizeable fan base and most teams are in metros of over 1 Million.