No reply from Billy Wright

Rocky Swishterson

Alumni mag asks us to recommend students to the university, which I always do. But why don't I even get a perfunctory reply from mens basketball coach Billy Wright when I write him a letter about a conference player of the year who has no D1 offers? Kind of discouraging. 2,000 career varsity points...6-6 guard/forward...excellent grades and character. No reply.
leatherneckcountry

Honestly coaches don’t usually take suggestions from fans simply because they get so many and usually the person making the request is either blinded by the player because of a personal connection or there personal reason.
sealhall74

I think if you are a lower tier mid-major, you would welcome any and all outside recruiting suggestions. They should always be on the lookout for the diamond in the rough that could transform their program into a contender. How much does it cost to send out a thank you note and put the kids name in a spreadsheet which the staff can keep updated. You can usually get enough data online during the season to let you know if the kid has any potential and warrants a visit.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:46 am I think if you are a lower tier mid-major, you would welcome any and all outside recruiting suggestions. They should always be on the lookout for the diamond in the rough that could transform their program into a contender. How much does it cost to send out a thank you note and put the kids name in a spreadsheet which the staff can keep updated. You can usually get enough data online during the season to let you know if the kid has any potential and warrants a visit.
With a record of 48-94, I'd be visiting psychics and mediums and taking any and all input!!!!!
vatusay

I doubt he’s so busy he can’t even reply. Pretty disappointing. Being a now small school in a small community you think at least a “thank you, I’ll keep my eyes open!” generic reply is warranted.

I remember I sent an email to joe lunardi the year we played Cleveland state in the bracket busters complaining how wiu got screwed. I was shocked when i actually received a reply from him saying I had very valid points lol.

If he’s not too busy to reply, I can tell you coach Wright surely isn’t too busy lol. Maybe he is just away taking a break at this time after the tournament and season.
#ALLIN #YOLO
Necks2003

letsgonecks wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 10:47 am
sealhall74 wrote: Wed Apr 10, 2019 7:46 am I think if you are a lower tier mid-major, you would welcome any and all outside recruiting suggestions. They should always be on the lookout for the diamond in the rough that could transform their program into a contender. How much does it cost to send out a thank you note and put the kids name in a spreadsheet which the staff can keep updated. You can usually get enough data online during the season to let you know if the kid has any potential and warrants a visit.
With a record of 48-94, I'd be visiting psychics and mediums and taking any and all input!!!!!
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Rocky Swishterson

Was encouraged to send Wright another email and cc the athletic director. He replied...thanked me and said he's aware of this player but can't comment. Well, that's at least something.