Sean McGuire

Leathernecks playing at the next level.
wiu712

Sean McGuire has joined the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

From the Winnipeg Sun:

Late Monday came word they’ve got a third pivot on the way, in Sean McGuire, a Western Illinois product who’s just 23.

“Can’t wait to start this next chapter of my life in Winnipeg! Let’s get to work,” McGuire (@JohnnyMac_18) posted on Twitter.
leatherneckcountry

wiu712 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:35 pm Sean McGuire has joined the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

From the Winnipeg Sun:

Late Monday came word they’ve got a third pivot on the way, in Sean McGuire, a Western Illinois product who’s just 23.

“Can’t wait to start this next chapter of my life in Winnipeg! Let’s get to work,” McGuire (@JohnnyMac_18) posted on Twitter.
Must like MVFC QBs as Former USD QB Chris Strevler is also there.
sealhall74

leatherneckcountry wrote: Wed May 15, 2019 8:11 am
wiu712 wrote: Tue May 14, 2019 10:35 pm Sean McGuire has joined the Winnipeg Blue Bombers.

From the Winnipeg Sun:

Must like MVFC QBs as Former USD QB Chris Strevler is also there.
With threat of player strike in the CFL, they probably like about anyone with a passport and willing to cross the border.
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

CFL tentatively has a new deal in place. Believe they offered him a contract after an April tryout and he waited to see how his NFL mini camps went. Read somewhere Streveler was the first rookie QB to start a CFL season opener since the mid 90's. Believe he had 3 starts before their #1 returned from injury, but still got some action running the ball, with 8 rushing TD's.

I followed the Blue Bombers back when Michna was there and have continued to check-in on the CFL to see what Valley guys are getting action.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Both McGuire and Streveler showing off their skills in these highlights:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

Looks like he has made the Winnipeg squad and is the #3 QB. Congrats to him.

https://www.bluebombers.com/2019/06/08/ ... ning-week/
Embrace the pace of the race.
letsgonecks

Tonight at 6, McGuire's Blue Bombers face Acklin's Tiger Cats. Sean will likely only see the field as the holder, but would be cool if he somehow got a little more game action. Their starter Nichols is playing really well and we all know how much of a BEAST Streveler is, so tough for him to get on the field.

I know this is a WIU page and I'm in an McGuire thread, but Streveler has a shot to make the jump to the NFL. With the success of Taysom Hill and if the Patriots successfully convert Danny Etling and he makes the roster, then it would be a no brainer for these new creative Head Coaches to go after him. Would say he'd be just as good as Hill, doing what Hill does.

Also, sorry to get even more off topic, but Bombers Nichols is 1 of 3 starting CFL QB's from Eastern Washington. Vernon Adams for the Montreal Alouettes and Bo Levi Mitchell for the Calgary Stampeders (currently injured). With those odds, I'd bet big money Gage Gubrud who received a 6th year and will play for Washington State, will also find himself one day starting in the CFL.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Not sure if you all saw this, but for last Saturday's game, Winnepeg teammates Sean McGuire and (former USD QB) Chris Streveler had a bit of a fun bet going on for whomever's team won the matchup.

Since WIU beat South Dakota...here's Streveler looking super excited to be wearing Leatherneck gear :lol:

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

McGuire hoisting the Grey Cup in the Blue Bombers' victory parade:

wiu712

Sean McGuire with the Grey Cup: