Roster Changes 2019

ST_Lawson
Site Admin

Just saw that Perion Little is transferring out: https://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=17106
He transferred in from Miles Community College (MT), originally from Kenosha, WI. This last season, as a Junior, Little played a total of 28 minutes across 9 games, with 13 of those coming against Dominican University back in November. He had 1 point scored, a made free throw (1/2) against South Dakota State.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
meganeck

ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:43 am Just saw that Perion Little is transferring out: https://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=17106
He transferred in from Miles Community College (MT), originally from Kenosha, WI. This last season, as a Junior, Little played a total of 28 minutes across 9 games, with 13 of those coming against Dominican University back in November. He had 1 point scored, a made free throw (1/2) against South Dakota State.
This has been my pet peeve, with Billy he brings in JUCO guys then they don't play or contribute. in my opinion the main reason to bring in a JUCO guy is to have them contribute right away.Anyway hopefully Perion can find success at his next stop.
sealhall74

Off the top of my head, my top 5+ JUCOs under the Mo and Billy eras:

1. Terell Parks (could have went B1G IMHO)
2. Jack Houpt (only one year at JUCO)
*3. Tate "Big Tuna" Stensgaard (only one year at JUCO)
*4. Michael "Big Mike" Ocherobia
4. Adam "Sometimes Missing" Link
*4. Don "Donnie Doubles" McAvoy

* Really kicked their game up a notch or two before senior season mostly due to work in the weight room.

That reminds me, I did not give out my annual "Donnie Doubles" Award this year to the player who make the most off-season gains in explosiveness.
Someone remind me come November.

Update: Yea, they are all Mo's.
Embrace the pace of the race.
meganeck

Just saw that Issac Johnson announced he is transferring and put his name into the transfer portal. This one will hurt a little more, losing him.
sealhall74

meganeck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:30 pm Just saw that Issac Johnson announced he is transferring and put his name into the transfer portal. This one will hurt a little more, losing him.
Yep, minus one for guys who can shoot off the bounce. We have had years in the past when we were lucky to have one who could do it.
Necks2003

sealhall74 wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:01 pm
meganeck wrote: Wed Apr 03, 2019 12:30 pm Just saw that Issac Johnson announced he is transferring and put his name into the transfer portal. This one will hurt a little more, losing him.
Yep, minus one for guys who can shoot off the bounce. We have had years in the past when we were lucky to have one who could do it.
I am guessing he saw his playing time wasn't going to be what he wanted with the extended minutes Zion was starting to see during the second half of the season
Neckfansince71

He made some really bad mistakes in close ball games imo! He also had trouble finishing his layups, throwing them up or getting them blocked. He drove me crazy at times! I do wish him well! ;) jc
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

meganeck wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 6:28 pm
ST_Lawson wrote: Tue Apr 02, 2019 8:43 am Just saw that Perion Little is transferring out: https://goleathernecks.com/roster.aspx?rp_id=17106
This has been my pet peeve, with Billy he brings in JUCO guys then they don't play or contribute. in my opinion the main reason to bring in a JUCO guy is to have them contribute right away.Anyway hopefully Perion can find success at his next stop.
Transferring to DII Concordia St. Paul:
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

By my count, we have 8 on the current roster plus the 4 (?) new guys with LOIs. Billy still got room for a diamond in the rough from somewhere.
letsgonecks

sealhall74 wrote: Fri May 17, 2019 10:07 am By my count, we have 8 on the current roster plus the 4 (?) new guys with LOIs. Billy still got room for a diamond in the rough from somewhere.
Would like to see a PF grad transfer. Claar seems like a good dude, but he's not effective enough. New guy Smith is probably more of a PF than C, but could go big with Smith, more athletic PF, Pyle, Allen, Webster.

Like the sounds already of Smith, Pyle, Young, Allen, Webster. Still have some good bench guys as well.