New football building

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
Neckfansince71

The specs were sent to three different architectural firms so they could come up with preliminary designs. These should be finished in the very near future. That is not rumor nor conjecture, just the facts! ;) jc
GV Dad

Neckfansince71 wrote: Tue Jun 11, 2019 7:49 pm The specs were sent to three different architectural firms so they could come up with preliminary designs. These should be finished in the very near future. That is not rumor nor conjecture, just the facts! ;) jc
I like this MUCH better than what I was hearing! Glad you shared :D
sealhall74

So the architectural firms are delivering us more wall art and we have to choose which one we like best?
Embrace the pace of the race.
GV Dad

I’m excited to see them! Will be even more excited when the first shovel goes in the dirt. This staff has done great in recruiting, can only imagine how successful they will be with a shiny new building. Even “official” plans for a new facility will be a big boost!
Western_101

So has this prospective football building been funded? .....or as Seal alluded is this more "wall art".

I would add is it smoke and mirrors to keep up with our competition? Showing a prospect glitzy renderings that will never materialize.

Just seems sleazy.
GV Dad

Let’s see how fast things move now.
sealhall74

GV Dad wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:50 am Let’s see how fast things move now.
I think a lot depends on whether the interim/incoming is a "sports-minded" guy or gal.
GV Dad

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:53 am
I think a lot depends on whether the interim/incoming is a "sports-minded" guy or gal.
Agreed. Also, forward thinking vs Conservative (in vision not politics). I think having Bainter reinstated is likely more beneficial for this. I heard a lot of the BIG donors for this project were Bainter Boys.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

GV Dad wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:31 am
Agreed. Also, forward thinking vs Conservative (in vision not politics). I think having Bainter reinstated is likely more beneficial for this. I heard a lot of the BIG donors for this project were Bainter Boys.
Not directly athletics-related, but from what I heard, one recent "distinguished alumni" put a hold on his $1MM+ donation to the university the day that it was announced that Bainter was fired. He was very well-liked by the community and many of the alumni and "big donors".
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am
GV Dad wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:31 am

Not directly athletics-related, but from what I heard, one recent "distinguished alumni" put a hold on his $1MM+ donation to the university the day that it was announced that Bainter was fired. He was very well-liked by the community and many of the alumni and "big donors".
Bainter is sort of the Joe Biden of the 2020 Dem race. Been there, done that, lots of friends, but if you are trying to turn the corner and build for the future, is he the right guy.