New football building

Athletics Department, Facilities, etc.
leatherneckcountry

I’m sorry but you’re never going to convince me that the board didn’t have a lot to do with Brad getting shown the door.
GV Dad

sealhall74 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 11:17 am
ST_Lawson wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:58 am
GV Dad wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 10:31 am

Agreed. Also, forward thinking vs Conservative (in vision not politics). I think having Bainter reinstated is likely more beneficial for this. I heard a lot of the BIG donors for this project were Bainter Boys.
Not directly athletics-related, but from what I heard, one recent "distinguished alumni" put a hold on his $1MM+ donation to the university the day that it was announced that Bainter was fired. He was very well-liked by the community and many of the alumni and "big donors".
Bainter is sort of the Joe Biden of the 2020 Dem race. Been there, done that, lots of friends, but if you are trying to turn the corner and build for the future, is he the right guy.
In his current position, yes. Macomb is a small town, WIU is a small school. I think Bainter gives you that "connection", while a new administration can lead us forward. Hopefully.
ST_Lawson
Site Admin

If I remember correctly, a while back someone said that the plans we have for a new football building are very much inspired by what Weber State is doing.
Their facility is now nearly complete, and there's an article with a bunch of photos here:
https://www.standard.net/multimedia/pho ... d5898.html

I would like one of these please.
Scott Lawson - Board Admin
Western Illinois University Alum/Fan/Employee
Member of the Marching Leathernecks - 1996-2000
sealhall74

That is pretty nifty for 16M. I see they have a white W on the high roller seating area. I dont see why we could not pull off a gold or white W on the west side for our high roller seating area. Probably could make it happen for less than $1500 of Krylon spray paint.

Embrace the pace of the race.
Western_101

Our answer is a few cans of spray paint?
sealhall74

RedNeck wrote: Tue Aug 20, 2019 12:59 pm Our answer is a few cans of spray paint?
Yep, until we can do better, we shall wear that W proudly.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Neckfansince71

FYI, that's there press box and stadium side, not their football building! I actually have seen the drawing that the firm did when they also did all of the drawings for the westside, but at that point not alot of design parameters were explored. One of the first things that have to happen is a total mapping of everything under the north end zone. Kind of a "Julie" check but a lot more intense. All I can say is, be patient! But even for me that is a hard thing to do! ;) jc