New President

General Campus News, Updates, Discussion
Neckfansince71

Seems like the administration constantly asked for more cards instead of playing the ones they were dealt! Can anyone tell me why WIU was constantly mentioned as a school that could close when according to the IBHE that was never ever the case. ;) jc
sealhall74

Neckfansince71 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:25 am Seems like the administration constantly asked for more cards instead of playing the ones they were dealt! Can anyone tell me why WIU was constantly mentioned as a school that could close when according to the IBHE that was never ever the case. ;) jc
Declining population of potential students in the state, small town well off the beaten path while SIU-C and EIU have a major north south interstate within a stone throw to handle the traffic from the burbs. Pure common sense IMHO. If the best reason for keeping a school open is that the community really depends on it, that schools days are numbered, also MHO. The best reason to keep any school open is that it is the best place for students to learn this or that. We just need to figure out what this or that is.
Embrace the pace of the race.
Tere North

Neckfansince71 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:25 am Seems like the administration constantly asked for more cards instead of playing the ones they were dealt! jc
Yep!
wiu712

Neckfansince71 wrote: Fri Jun 21, 2019 8:25 amCan anyone tell me why WIU was constantly mentioned as a school that could close....
That may have come from Bruce Rauner himself. One of his Talking Points in the 2014 campaign was that Illinois had too many state universities.
Neckfansince71

Yes! You are probably right 712. And the ones with some of the lowest enrollments were mentioned by news trying to fill out a story. ;) jc